Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday cleaning and the cat's revenge

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 468 Total Views
2 moms liked this

So, I'm taking advantage of 4 days off in a row, to really clean and de clutter and otherwise perfect the main room in my house (kind of a really big living room, I guess).

It's going pretty well, my reward is that I can put up the Christmas tree etc. and get to work making 2 new Christmas stockings after it's all finished.
Sitting down and doing some applique work sounds very appealing to me right now.

I'm busy sorting out all the sewing supplies etc. I scattered all over during Halloween - so I have several empty cardboard boxes as I re sort the fabrics.  Well, I went over to one, which happened to have the flaps closed but I knew it was empty, with an armload of interfacings etc. and with no warning whatsoever Ivy's cat popped out of it. I dropped all the fabric and myself and I'm sure I nearly had a heart attack. 

I have no idea how long he'd been crouched inside that box. I guess this is his revenge for me putting a cape on him yesterday and laughing at him as he ran around the room,  so to be fair it serves me right.

Anyways, anyone else got big clean and decorate projects going this weekend? With or without the help of pets?

be generous in happiness, and patient in affliction. 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM

we've been fixing things and getting things organized this weekend....

How are you feeling? Hope your feeling better.... 

suzi960
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM

lol...im also decorating....no pets here though..

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I've got pets and they love when I decorate. Something different in their world and they actually seem to like looking at it too! The lights and tree bobs delight the cats couldn't wait to jump in and check it out, which gave the dogs a better whiff of tree in the house lol This year is our birds first Christmas and I just know she will try and 'flock on the branches' lol I have no idea what her reaction will be ...

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Love your cute kitty story! 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Oh yes, I most certainly do have a cleaning and cat's revenge story. We were having a house full on Thanksgiving, so I cleaned like crazy, including shampooing the carpets. As I sat down to dinner, I could feel a wet spot on the carpet, where the cat had peed. I guess she had freaked out with all the commotion. I'm wondering how many of my guests could smell it?

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM

rolling on floor

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

moeself
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:46 AM

bouncing

Angelfaces
by Sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I'm constantly cleaning and decluttering.  Sadly it's my own falt I have such messes.  Learning to be more picky on what I hang on to and what I get rid of.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I need to get down the boxes to decorate for Christmas, that will happen slowly over the course of the week. 

Last year the cat (George clooney) toppled the Christmas tree, we need to find a way to secure it so this doesn't happen again...the little bugger. My tuxedo cat will be having her first Christmas this year, so far for Thanksgiving she has managed to stick her nose in my pumpkin cheesecake and lick a pumpkin pie. 

Christmas decorating will be interesting, especially if bells are involved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)