Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little vent, and yes I'm being immature.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 821 Total Views

My husband and I finally bought a little home.  By little I mean two bedroom one bathroom home.  It's actually very nice and fits us perfectly.  I keep inviting my parents to come and see the home, but they make one excuse after the other.  What irritates me, is that my brother and his wife, bought a little end table for their hallway and my folks rushed to go and look at it.  Good grief.  Oh well.  Therefore I'm done with the invites.  I guess I find it ludicrous that my parents bend over backwards for this woman, but won't drag their happy asses down here, and no it isn't far. 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joyful on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM

i hear ya

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Family...dang it. Sorry your going through this. Enjoy your new home!

mom2ne
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I feel for you also.Our home was like yours, 2 Bdrm., 1 bath. Now we built another bedroom for our 14 yo son  in the basement.

Rather like my 2 bros. with new homes built a few x's, don't u like it?per my Mom~ ya,  I will never have new.

Congrats on the house! It is yours to be proud of.Enjoy friend!

suzi960
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM

congrats on your new home..enjoy...vent away momma,we all do...

janomoma
by Menopause Queen on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM

congratulationsbest wishes...their loss...enjoy your new home ...how exciting!!

chellenout
by Sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Lol you're right its not fair and no, I don't think you're being immature! It's called Normal... And you're hurt that your folks are not rejoicing in your new home happiness! Well I am .... Yeah a new HOME!!!! Toilet paper, windex, new plates, new curtains, choosing paint colors( well that may be a daunting task it was for me... Blah! ). Yay! For you and your husband!
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Congratulations on the house!

happinessforyou
by Sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Parents/family can just be wierd! I can't wait to see what strange, wierd things I'm gonna do to my kids!

gmadiane
by Gold sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:43 AM

congratulations on the house, sorry about your parents, hugs

bjh1970
by Sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:18 AM

yay on the house though! and vent away!!! it's not immature, they're hurting your feelings. That's honest, and basic, and kind of crappy. Do they have a history of this sort of thing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)