Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aliens have taken our parents!--kind of long but bewildered.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

IT seems that our parents have been invaded by aliens.  LOL

IN conversations this past week, with my sis too, they are not making sense. Our brother has not really needed them, or should I say our Dad, and that should be a relief... but no... now our mother has taken over the "spotlight".

As predicted,our mom has begun her health antics.. which of course leads our dad to driving her to the ER. Now mind you, her back had been painful off and on all week, but as her MO goes, she waits until the drs offices are closed in order to seek help. After a "successful" ER visit, our dad starts to take our mom back home. She decides she is hungry and NEEDS an Egg McMuffin (now mind you, she has GI problems). As she tries to get out of the car, her bowels let loose. Our dad has to figure out a way for her to travel back to the cottage without sitting in it.. why he didn't make her sit in the back seat is beyond me... so he finds cardboard from the trash area, and forms a seat.   I guess he gets the breakfast items.. and they head on.. she cannot even make it into the cottage, without having another accident. Dad says she "blows out" a super diaper... ohh joy!

SO he practically strips her outside the house so she doesn't make a huge mess inside

OHH and then she goes outside early one morning and takes a header on their sidewalk. Luckily, she is close to the front porch. Somehow she finds a way to constantly ring the doorbell so our dad can come and rescue her. Her face is all bruised up..again.. and her wrist is bruised.  I suggest that she get an xray due to her osteoporosis.. but that will not happen.

Now I am all for handling things with a sense of humor, and I am not an alarmist.. but their view of how things are going is just out of this world.  This is how I know Aliens have taken over their bodies.  LOL

I know our dad is just stretched to the limits feeling his responsibility for our brother .. and how he needs to care for our mother when she pulls this.. but geeze can't the guy get a break?

When our sis called them yesterday for a check in... and to see if our mom actually went to her drs appointment (which was a waste of time) --- we were scolded for letting our brother know what was going on with our parents. We are not ALLOWED to discuss anything with him that may cause concern. After all, he has enough to deal with.

It is not that I don't agree that he does have enough to deal with,, but unlike our parents, I do not believe in hiding health concerns and flair ups. So I will continue to keep him posted, so he can understand if our dad cannot do something for him. 

we do believe our dad is having a hard time letting go of the role/control of the treatment situation... we have everything lined up so the main responsibility is not on our dad.. and he just can't accept that it is going to work out. He invisions our brother being sooo incapaciated, that he cannot even enter his own home after treatments.  The patient advocate tried to assure our dad that they just don't dump the patient off at their house and run, if they are not feeling well... they do help them into the house, and make sure they have all they need before leaving.  I think this is a great system,.. and our dad is just trying to find a way to hover.

OHH and here is a funny thought... our mom,in her own vision, sees herself going to sit with our brother while he "gets his treatments"!  yeah right... that will happen one time and she will be too inconveinenced to do it again. She has realized that she has not done one thing to help or assist our brother through this whole process. Everything has been around her, and her hobbies.. yes her hobbies.

It is like she wants everyone to know that as he is getting his chemo/radiation, the sickly mother is at his side.  (BARF).  We are hoping this does not happen, since our brother does not need that drama as he is going through his chemo/radiation..

OK thanks for listening.

Bren

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM

AWW! What a tough situation. I really feel for your Dad and brother. Good luck to you all, I wish you all the best. HUGS!

keljo05
by Kelly on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM

oh my.. i'm so sorry. you and your brother do not need this.

I have to agree with your comment about her sitting with your brother to show the support of the 'sickly mother'. I was thinking that before you wrote it.

(((((hugs)))))

cclpmom
by Princess Nana on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM

((HUGS)) and Prayers !

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I really worry about the care givers in these situations and it sounds like your dad needs some help with your mom. It sounds like her bowel problems alone, don't make her a good candidate to care for anyone else. Too bad they won't get someone to help with your mom, since she can't control her bladder and is taking face plants, so your dad can do a little more for your brother. I would never, ever want my dh changing my diapers.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Awe... ((hugs)) !!

BrenMOM
by Bronze sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM

and the sad part about all of her bouts.. she can prevent them and she choses not to.

Which I have point blankly spelled out to our dad.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM

((hugs)) sweetie, I'm sorry your dad is having to deal with all of this and in turn you too.  Prayers for you and your family that things work out.

3gr8tKids
by Bronze sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Getting old is not for Sissy's. Without having any of the back ground on your situation - all I can say is I am so sorry.  Sorry for your father having to watch his wife's/your mothers health decline. Being a full time care giver -in sickness and in health.. sorry your brother has serious enough health issues that he is under going chemo and radiation.

I can see where this would be an overwhelming situation for anyone and everyone. I'm not sure I Have the balls to go threw it myself.  by that I mean -not having control over my bodily functions and requiring every day assistance. No wonder we go through a mid life crisis.

HUGS to you. Keep your sence of humor.

mamacough
by Bronze sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Wow, I feel for your family. Hugs to you hun.

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM

So sorry Sissy...You are in my prayers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)