Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good morning ladies, I'm new here...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 474 Total Views

Hello all!  I'm new here and just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself...my name is Ruby. I'm 42 yrs old, and 33 weeks pregnant with my 2nd son. 

I'm the oldest of the January Babies 2012 group, and I really just wanted to connect with other ladies who are about my age.  I was wondering if there are any other ladies here who are older moms?  I waited to have children because of my career, and more importantly, to be with the right man.  However, we had some fertility issues that prevented us getting pregnant right away.

I'm due January 20th, but since I'm measuring ahead, my OB thinks I will go into labor before then.  I would love to hear and share some of your experiences!  Take care and I look forward to getting to know you! 

Best Wishes & Lots of BabyDust,

~MamaBoom~baby dust

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JuliFox
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, and congrats on your coming little one!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey Ruby welcome to the group, there are several moms on here that have little ones and a few trying..I'm Susan, nice to meet you but I am not one with little ones. I have two boys 17 & 19, two stepchildren and a 3 month old granddaughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to 40ish and Beyond....I'm one of the Beyond Sisters lol my name is Wanda and we are so happy to have you with us! I am a mother of 8 (naturally born) children and 10 Foster Children which ran concurrently with the others lol..

My oldest is 38 and the youngest 19....She was born when it was 39 and omg did folks frown on me....But things have changed just as I thought they would and women are embracing motherhood much later and for some of the reasons you give yourself.

Feel free to read up on our forums and by all means add you voice when you see something that excites you...Share your passions and problems...We are here for you always should you need a helping hand...Enjoy our group and everyone here...

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

welcomeWow, you might even have a holiday baby!  You're gonna find lots of wise and funny ladies among our ranks.  This is a great place to be!

suzi960
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey ruby welcome to 40ish. I'm suzi and it's. NIce to meet ya .im 47 with 2sons that are 6 and 11...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Ruby and congratulations on the coming baby :)

My name is Brenda and my hubby and I have 15 (all home educated) children.  All but one has now graduated. My children range in age of 31 down to 14.  We also have 25 (going on 27) grandchildren aged 11 down to "soon to come". Many of them are being educated at home now also.  I have been home educating 19 yrs so far.   PS:  I am 49  :)

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome

Beth100
by Support Team Sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a bit older than you...64...I know for sure I won't be getting pregnant anytime soon.  But Congratulations to you!  And welcome to 40ish!  We will be looking forward to monitoring babies' progress and getting to know you!  Beth100

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to 40ish.  My daughter is 21 so I was not an older mom when I had her but I am looking forward to seeing you around. 

smile357
by Linda on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, My name is Linda. I am a mother at 41 to a 10 yr old and 20 yr old and a 3month old grandchild.Nice to meet you, everybody in here is sooo nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)