Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Empty nester, Dating tester!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 556 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am new to CafeMom. I am a single (divorced) Mom who has two children . My daughter will be 21 in March and my son, 20 in April.  I work full time as a civil servant and my job is very stressful. Due to budget cuts, the agency is trying to accomplish more with less and the pressure to produce is on. One of the ways I try to release my stress is through Western pleasure riding on my horse. My son who enlisted in the Marine Corps says my horse is his replacement  since I aquired him a few months before my son left for boot camp. My daughter also has a horse that she shares ownership with her boyfriend so it is also a way to stay connected with her and share a common interest with her boyfriend. I love it ! Call me crazy, but I do not even mind cleaning the stalls and the toning if my upper arms from pushing around a wheel barrel has been an unexpected perk. Hoping to shed some pounds at the ranch as well. Now that my kids are raised I am even contemplating ....Dating.  Any words of encouragement  or cautionary tales ladies?

rocking horse

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatiana7
by Bronze sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Just remember men are not always classy human beings. But if you are seeking companionship, try online dating for folks who are older, like us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeanieBlue
by Silver sister on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Just a small heads-up...you'll get LOTS more responses from these awsome ladies if you post early in the day.  Most of these ladies are settled in with their families for the night after supper-time.

I'm always prowling around on here at night because I'm still used to 15-plus years of working the over-night shift! lol

Unfortunately, by morning the other mammas will start posting and yours may very well get lost in the shuffle.

That said... Hi! Welcome to 40ish! I'm Jill.  I'm 43 and have 2 grown sons. I finally met the man of my dreams a little over 4 years ago. I sorta stumbled over him on a free online dating site! ;-)  Before him...it was a looooong line of "OMG What have I done?!" relationships, so I'm not really in a position to give you advice on your post. lol

Best of luck to you. You're gonna love it here. These ladies are awesome!!

cowgirlchris
by New sister on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Thanks for the tips and encouraging words!  I have actually thought about the online dating thing but havent worked up enough nerve yet. I must get going on it!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Welcome to our group. Sounds like you have a very nice life with kids and horses.

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Welcome to the 40ish.  I love horses!  Good luck with the dating scene, haven't got any advice, though...

suzi960
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM

welcome to 40ish chris, nice to meet ya.. those horses are beautys...  good luck with dating, i would also try an online site if i were out there again....keep us posted!!!

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Hi and welcome!  It seems that we may have the same first name.  I am also a Chris (Christine).  I've been married for 26 yrs. so I don't have any dating advice but look forward to hearing about your adventures.

peacheylady
by Silver sister on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome Chris. Im Barbara, and Im 42. My oldest daughter is married and moved out. But still have one here at home. Good luck with the dating sites if thats what you do.
Love the pic by the way!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Gold sister on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to the group, 7 years ago I was single and thinking about dating, I joined an online dating site and that is where I met my wonderful husband, my words of advice for you are, know exactly what your looking for and dont settle for less, if you meet someone online or in another way be careful, not everyone is nice but honestly I met more nice men than not, I did a lot of talking online and when it felt comfortable I would have a phone conversation and if I was still interested we would meet for drinks or dinner, I think dating should be fun so have a good time with it, keep us updated

SassyTeena
by Bronze sister on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Chris,
Welcome, I'm new too. I'm Teena I'm 44, I have 4 grown daughters, 3 g~ sons and 2 more g~babies coming in 2012.
With my daughters pushing, I'm thinking about getting back into the dating scene. I don't know the first thing about dating anymore. Thank you for putting it out there, maybe we both can learn a thing or two. ((((Hugs)))) Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)