Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

According to my grandchildren..."When I was young....

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 4:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 417 Total Views
3 moms liked this
According to my grandchildren...When I was young the main source of transportation was buggies and horses unless you lived in areas that had cable cars. When I was young boys came 'a courting because there were no phones. When I was young children did chores not for allowance but simply because they were a member of the family and everyone pulled their weight. When I was young there were no malls because the dinosaurs would have crushed them. When I was young my petticoats kept me hot in the summer, warm in the winter and a proper young lady at all times. When I was young there were only 7 stars in the sky. When I was young I actually did as my parents asked of me without hesitation or without mouthing off. When I was young chocolate hadn't been invented so once a month I snuck out to the barn to punch a bale of hay. When I was young I dreamed of a day when traveling to other countries wouldn't take months. When I was young I dreamed of the day I would be a grandma... I just never knew grandchildren would make me feel so old.
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:04 AM

LOL!  Nice of them, huh?  When I was young, I was growing up in the 70's; wearing bell bottoms, halter tops and having a blast.  Nope, I don't feel old - I feel empowered!!!

tigger904
by Bronze sister on Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this.....Some days I feel older than others.

marney.p
by Bronze sister on Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this. My son wanted to know if TV was invented when I was a kid. Im only 40 so I thought this was cute.

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL

suzi960
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

lol  arent they just so sweet...

MarthaCrocker
by Lisa on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO !!!!! I loved reading your post sissy, as I was reading and laughing I could hear my son ( 6) asking me if the dinosaurs could run fast when I was little like him LOL  He knows mommy is older than daddy so I get the dinosaur questions, daddy gets questions about, did he know mommy had dinosaurs as pets and the reason we dont have any for pets was becuase mommy didnt take care of them and they died. He has asked my mom if she had a buggy one day he wanted to know could they go for a ride.. LOL I love the crazy stuff they combine from history and present there is no time line .....

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM

AWW! I'm sorry they make you feel that way! Tell them to quit watching "little house on the prairie" so much! How old are your grands? hugs

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Hahaha, I really loved this, my boys do the same thing to me and they are my kids!! But I really loved how they would pick on my mom about her being around when dirt was invented, and that she was old enough to have an autographed copy of the Bible....

momofne
by Silver sister on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Aww thats cute!

gmadiane
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

very cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)