Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone tried HCG to loose weight?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

I know 2 guys that have used the drug, and so far they've lost over 100 lbs. I only need to loose about 20 to be at my ideal weight. Just curious to see if any 'women' have taken the drug and if it was successful.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cantsleep
by New sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Check out the webmd website for 'the truth about hcg for weight loss'.  This product has not gone thru the rigorous clinical testing and FDA scrutiny that a typical prescription pharmaceutical goes thru. There are too many unknown dangers using products like this.  The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat right and excercise.  Boring I know, but using this product, even if it doesn't cause any problems, is a short term solution at best, and that is if it even works.  The companies who sell these types of products rely on emotions to make their sales and the products don't work.  Remember the Phentarmine troubles a few years ago?  Phentarminet was the newest answer to weight loss and women died using it.  Trust me, I know this industry and these products ARE NOT SAFE!!

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I know it's not as fast but I just stick to trying to eat right and exercise. 

JustBoots
by Sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Only the HCG that is administered by a physician is the real stuff.  A friend of mine's dad went on a 500 calorie a day diet and lost 50lbs...so it's not the HCG drops, it's the starvation diet.

Tommys.Girl
by New sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Thank you for your input. It's exactly what I was thinking myself. I'll just stick to the exercise and eating healthy.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Just stick to eating right and exercise and you will do fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzi960
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

GOOD CHOICE!!!!!

Quoting Tommys.Girl:

Thank you for your input. It's exactly what I was thinking myself. I'll just stick to the exercise and eating healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)