Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

read any good books lately?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 101 Replies
  • 1154 Total Views

i recently purchased whoopi goldberg's latest book (is it just me?) and the help...i saw the movie so i'm hoping the book is better

teacher

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I just started reading Eat, Pray, Love. 

thebailiffs
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
My Book club is reading the Immortal Life of Henerrita Lacks, it is very technical but great.

I also want to read this book Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal By Conner Grennen it got 5 stars from both Amazon and Goodreads.
jess225
by Bronze sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I just finished one of James Patterson's books.  I have also been reading the Janet Evanovich Stephaie Plum Novels.  I love her books - They are hilarious.
I have the movie the Help but haven't watched it yet nor have I read the book.  I heard from a few people that the book is a lot better than the movie.

JustBoots
by Sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Enjoyed reading the help.  It was much funnier than the movie. Didn't like Eat, Pray, Love at all.  I actually just finished book two of a trilogy for teens.  Fantastic.  The first in the series is called Beautiful Creatures.  Excellent read.  Nora Roberts does some great series in her books also.  I love supernatural stuff....I'm weird like that my DH tells me...

tommatsmom
by Bazinga! on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I just finished the latest Stephanie Plum book as well as the latest Eve Dallas.  Looking forward to the next ones in those series!  I am reading something I got free on my Nook from B&N but I can't think of the name of it.  I have a gift certificate for B&N that I haven't spent yet.  I can't decide what to read next.

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jess225:

I just finished one of James Patterson's books.  I have also been reading the Janet Evanovich Stephaie Plum Novels.  I love her books - They are hilarious.
I have the movie the Help but haven't watched it yet nor have I read the book.  I heard from a few people that the book is a lot better than the movie.

yeah i too heard that the book was far more interesting than the movie..the movie was nice

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Quoting tommatsmom:

I just finished the latest Stephanie Plum book as well as the latest Eve Dallas.  Looking forward to the next ones in those series!  I am reading something I got free on my Nook from B&N but I can't think of the name of it.  I have a gift certificate for B&N that I haven't spent yet.  I can't decide what to read next.

briefly...tell me what are the series about? and when you redeem your free gift certificate will you get a biography or some other?...i love bios

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting JustBoots:

Enjoyed reading the help.  It was much funnier than the movie. Didn't like Eat, Pray, Love at all.  I actually just finished book two of a trilogy for teens.  Fantastic.  The first in the series is called Beautiful Creatures.  Excellent read.  Nora Roberts does some great series in her books also.  I love supernatural stuff....I'm weird like that my DH tells me...

i hope i enjoy the help (book) ...eat,love,pray i have yet to read i saw only bits and pieces of the movie i think julia roberts starred in it so i can't say if i liked it or not...

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Quoting KatiesMom63:

how do you like it thus far?

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

It seems pretty good so far but I've only read about 40 pages. 

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting KatiesMom63:

how do you like it thus far?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)