Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Help!! I want to strangle my teen!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi!  :)  I'm NEW!

My name is Jessie..I joined today after arough week with my 14 yr old son.   I am tired and frustrated.  I have no disciplinary support from  his father.  I have 4 kids. 3boys with my ex and a daughter  with my bf.  (Do we call them bf after 40??..lol)  

Jason is my oldest..a great kid..athlete,  very dedicated and an honors student.  This whole "no" response is new to me..its like going through the terrible 2s but they are taller and stronger!  Today I got so mad I threw my cell at him and now all I have is a broken phone!  LOL  

Anyone else frustrated or have any advice?

by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
WebCat
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 6:37 AM

See? no arguing but the consequences are a bitch LOL

My son walked into his room one day after school and found the garbage can in there. He never forget the garbage again.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I have a very long rope do you want to borrow it. my biggest challenge was my youngest ss. oh he was murder he knew so much more than the adults. that is why he is ignoring you. you don't know jack and he knows better than you and to him you are just blah blah blah.  if you think 14 is fun wait till 18. lol not trying to scare you. I always let my ss think he knew more than me. then I let him fall on his face. so in my books the way I handled this was if you don't want to listen then you can just learn the hardway. like others said pick your battles make sure when he falls on his face it is the small battles. and then I would ask him so what are you going to do now. Now if he didn't want to clean his room both 16 and 14 yr old ss did this. My funny 19 yr old at the time would just make a comment "I wouldn't go there if I were you" but they would never listen. they would get what they want like go fishing with dad and not clean the room because they couldn't listen. so while they were fishing things dissappeared. a lot of things dissapeared and didn't show back up till they minded me. I told them to clean the house one night they said "you can't make me" oh were they wrong. I put all of their crap on their bed while they were getting their way and fishing. everything includes their trash and dishes and everything else. clothes dissapeared.  They come home tired from a hard night of fishing at 2 am and  had to clean their room for 2 hours just to go to sleep. so knew when I said yes it is ok they go fishing I was up to something. I only had to do this once and amazingly they started listening. but I am a very mean and cruel mom. was with all my kids. the reason my 19 yr old said "I wouldn't go there if I was you" was because he knew what was coming and would be sitting there snickering the whole time. oh and after 40 they are your so not your bf hehe.

mrswillie
by Silver sister on Feb. 3, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I am dealing with a 15yo ds right now who is doing everything but standing on his head. Last week, when his teacher told him to take his hat off, ds told him no. We are having several other problems also. Needless to say, ds is starting counseling again next week.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting mrswillie:

I am dealing with a 15yo ds right now who is doing everything but standing on his head. Last week, when his teacher told him to take his hat off, ds told him no. We are having several other problems also. Needless to say, ds is starting counseling again next week.

make the hats dissapear while he is asleep

mrswillie
by Silver sister on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting mrswillie:

lol. I wish it were that easy. It was a friends hat.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

smile357
by Linda on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, welcome to 40ish. I have a 21 year old tomorrow and her teenage years were hell. I totally agree with stick to your guns. And from personal experience if your son will let you walk away from an argument do it. Don't back down but take some distance. It can make all the difference. That way you don't break your belongings which I can only suspect that he went away from that argument with a since of accomplishment.

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

BUMP!

hopealways4019
by Bronze sister on Feb. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I always want to strangled my son! But it's illegal, and I love him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hau_siyoka
Sophia curly bangs lol
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
by Doll Baby on Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Grief Sissy!!! you are living through 'suvivor series - mom's edition'   Mine are all grown 39,37,35,33,29,27,25,19!!!!  4boys/4girls and we won't include any foster kids or grandchildren!!!  Forget the Nanny she's over rated lol 

Be happy that your kid isn't speaking to you! It's quiet for a change...I they are angry its on them to speak up...Just remember NOT to jump what they do say something...

hark...an echo from the past.....If there are issues take a trip to the drs office....its a good reason for annual physical and a tude tune up....Keep us posted  I'm a PM away Sis!

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My boys know I make things dissapear if left out and not picked up. it was funny ss lost something one time and kept asking me to give it back cause it was his. I didn't have it. but they knew I would randomly make things dissapear. :) he was so mad at me over something I didn't have. He just knew I made it dissapear. I think that was a case of guilty concience. I told him well if you would pick your crap up you would know where it is now wouldn't you. :)

bouncing

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting mrswillie:

mrswillie
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting opinionatedmom:

My boys know I make things dissapear if left out and not picked up. it was funny ss lost something one time and kept asking me to give it back cause it was his. I didn't have it. but they knew I would randomly make things dissapear. :) he was so mad at me over something I didn't have. He just knew I made it dissapear. I think that was a case of guilty concience. I told him well if you would pick your crap up you would know where it is now wouldn't you. :)

bouncing

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting mrswillie:

lol. We live on 5 1/2 acres. If my kids leave something out, on rare occasion, I don't mind. However, if it becomes a problem, I throw things out the front door. This use to happen a lot with shoes.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)