• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dang 2 kids Ambert Alerts in 2 days...sigh

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

We have 2 Amber alerts at this time going on.  One is a 11 yo girl..

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-Girl-11-Reported-Missing-138876694.html

And a 12yo boy this am went missing...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bedford-Police-Looking-for-Missing-12-Year-Old-Boy-138935679.html

It's so scary to let your kids outside/out of your site these days..

Check em out if you live in the TX, OK, ARK, NM areas!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yikes!  That's horrible.  I hear ya, I'd be scared to turn my child loose.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Scary times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM

GOOD NEWS THEY FOUND THE LITTLE BOY!!!

Don't know in's/outs but they just broke in on the tv and they found him...

Now just praying that the girl is found SAFE..

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Oh Sissy....This is growing parents need to know where their children are at all times...We have to be great parents and grandparent and remind out offspring they have to teach their children to watch things around them...

These things were burnt into our minds by the elders in the 50's and old way may be a little crude...but spin it around in today's world of living it is a fact that some parents just don't get it!

Or they were allowed to do things differently....we have a wide generation of moms here and I have to be fair to the new and old mom's and dad's...

Take a Saturday and talk to your children about 'strangers' and 'say NO'...with cell phones they can get a family member as well....I was even told to walk up to the door like its my house and tell the person you/they need to call the police. Apologize for knocking on the door but your parents have said it will get the police on it faster...

May the Great Spirits watch over these two little angels...keep us posted

cjs702006
by Carla - Survivor on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

How sad......people anymore are so sick to abduct kids and do heaven knows what with them. I hope these two are found safe!

gmadiane
by Gold sister on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

that is awful, we have women disappearing in my area, another one this morning and last I heard they found a womans body in a lake nearby they have not said if its her yet, scary world we live in

suzi960
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

oh im so glad they found that boy..praying for that little girl  so sad.. crazy world we live in today!!!

yougotmail
by Bronze sister on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
It's a sick world and it gets worse every year. My hubby's a cop and you should here about the things that don't make the news.
Sending prayers for the little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This is so sad! What is this world coming to anymore? When I was growing up, if Mom couldn't find me, I was down the street at my bf's house. Why can't our kids be safe again? So glad they found the little boy. Praying for the little girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)