Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant take anymore rumors

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 227 Total Views
I know i ve been incredably lucky as i have gotten to stay home with my kids, my hub has been with the same company for 35 yrs, they are union so every three yrs when contract would come up for renewal about 6 months before the rumors would start that they werent gonna re sign, ship jobs to india and they did some,lay off and they ve done that to well in nov. they resigned for 3more yrs early then the end of contract in may, so for the first time in 11yrs i felt relief that i wouldnt have to go through the ups and downs of rumors that spread, but today my hub came home and the first thing out of his mouth was the rumor going around is 100 ppl, and who syays they may slash wages So it might beehoove you to get a job, first it makes me feel like i contribute nothing to the family, and im scared i need to go in for some medical stuff that i need to mentally gear up to do (beyond afraid) and instead of habing someone push me into employment, and in this hard economic time, did hub ever think i need some support,not drop it on me like a bomb while i made dinner(then he asks why im not eating, i made sweet n sour meatballs, but my stomach is once again i knots with worry) i cant take anymore rumors, im not terrified of going back to work, i just cant deal with the unknown, sorry to vent to u all on this and i thank u all for listening to this 40 yr old momma about to pull her hair out hugs for listening
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
suzi960
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

aww sorry sweety  big hugs....sometimes men just dont know how to say things...lol...good luck momma...hugs

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Im sure he is as upset, tired, stressed, etc. as you are by the rumors.  Now is not the time to fuss at each other over who supports who more, or who is kinder with his/her words... it is just time to be a team, face it head on... together, for better or for worse.

sucks... I know... but try to come together over this and not apart.  Perhaps reflect back what you feel with but word it towards him.... does that make sence?

redpatz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
It is scary going to work, especially if you've been home for so long. If it helps, your not alone in your fear. I have always worked outside the home. I was laid off after 12 yrs on my last job, and even tough I'm used to working I was also afraid to start a new job. But it's not so bad, you'll be trained to do the job & you'll gain confidence with each new thing you learn! Go for it, Momma! You can do it:) And don't let the DH make u feel like u don't contribute. U know u do:)
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Right now everything is just a rumor. Don't get too caught up in what you can't control and focus on what you can, like getting the medical care you need and cutting back where you can on your spending. When the time is right have a discussion with dh, so he knows how you feel.

MissTLC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Aww, sweetie, i'd be sick to my stomach too. When is the last time you and dh did something special together? Like maybe a hot bubble bath with glowing candles together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjs702006
by Carla - Survivor on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM

hugs

kaffedrikke
by Bronze sister on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Nooo hubby can get a moonlighting job. If you do get a job then he can clean the house take care.of the kids or pay for daycare do his own laundry and fix meals.
LFosterfarm
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

ditto!  what she said!

Quoting suzi960:

aww sorry sweety  big hugs....sometimes men just dont know how to say things...lol...good luck momma...hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)