Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

favorite childhood memory with your grandparents

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 52 Replies
  • 802 Total Views
5 moms liked this

grandmother

walking to the grocery store with her (she was a non-driver)

eating ice milk, frozen strawberries and early morning breakfast

playing in her front yard while she hung clothes on the clothesline

grandfather

sitting on his lap eating from his plate of food at the dinner table

rubbing alcohol on his (bald) head

sitting in his recliner chair (or playing in it, if he wasn't looking)

and just feeling happy as ever when we would go to visit them...r.i.p. i will always love the 2 of you...thanks for loving me...

by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have so many... One was my grandma baking on Sunday for the family get togethers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

oh yeah we all know that grandmas were the best bakers :)

Quoting dana63:

I have so many... One was my grandma baking on Sunday for the family get togethers.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine are going to stay with them in the summers at the shore.  It was sooo fun on the beach, boat etc. even when it rained we had fun!!

I wish my dd's could have got to know them...

FamilyFun2
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Easter TIme We were all together.

redpatz
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My Gram raised me. She grew a garden, cooked dinner every night & did dishes. She had a great dog named Auggie. And a cat named Smokey that was an indoor cat but she would put a harness collar on him & tie it to the clothesline so he could be outside once in awhile. Sometimes she would make popcorn in the evening & we'd watch a "program" on her black n white television while eating popcorn out of little pink bowls. It must've been hard raising 3 grandkids alone. Her husband, my grandfather, has passed away when my own dad was a kid, so she had been doing it all on her own for a long time.
authentic
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My Grandma would let me brush her hair and I would say "Grandma let me make you look cute" Grandpa, "You will need alot of work to do that" lol! I never laugh so hard..

cjs702006
by Buddah on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I was pretty young when my grandma passed away....I was almost 10, but I remember her dancing around in the old "drop seat" pajamas singing and having a good time at Christmas one year. As for my grandpa, I remember him always asking his grandkids to rub and scratch his back. We all were told at out respective times that we did it better than anyone else, LOL

They have been gone since 1981 and 1983 resectivly and I miss them both so much! Love you Mae-Mae and Bo-Bo!

grandmagrandpa

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM

even though you lost your grandma at an early age im sure the sweet memories will last you a lifetime...

Quoting cjs702006:

I was pretty young when my grandma passed away....I was almost 10, but I remember her dancing around in the old "drop seat" pajamas singing and having a good time at Christmas one year. As for my grandpa, I remember him always asking his grandkids to rub and scratch his back. We all were told at out respective times that we did it better than anyone else, LOL

They have been gone since 1981 and 1983 resectivly and I miss them both so much! Love you Mae-Mae and Bo-Bo!

grandmagrandpa

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

that was cute

Quoting authentic:

My Grandma would let me brush her hair and I would say "Grandma let me make you look cute" Grandpa, "You will need alot of work to do that" lol! I never laugh so hard..

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Feb. 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

going to their house on Holten Lake for the summer,I would catch pollywogs(sp).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)