Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

favorite childhood memory with your grandparents

Posted by   + Show Post

grandmother

walking to the grocery store with her (she was a non-driver)

eating ice milk, frozen strawberries and early morning breakfast

playing in her front yard while she hung clothes on the clothesline

grandfather

sitting on his lap eating from his plate of food at the dinner table

rubbing alcohol on his (bald) head

sitting in his recliner chair (or playing in it, if he wasn't looking)

and just feeling happy as ever when we would go to visit them...r.i.p. i will always love the 2 of you...thanks for loving me...

by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

that seems like everyones fond memory...visiting grandparents in summer...but you were more brave than i was...i was too creeped out by all frogs and toads...lol

Quoting happygolucky106:

going to their house on Holten Lake for the summer,I would catch pollywogs(sp).

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Feb. 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They were actually fun to play with,they would wiggle in my hands,never hurting them, I was 5 I think,winter time we would go and my grandpa would give me snowmobile rides on the lake.

Quoting shadenn766:

that seems like everyones fond memory...visiting grandparents in summer...but you were more brave than i was...i was too creeped out by all frogs and toads...lol

Quoting happygolucky106:

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Feb. 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I was raised by great grandma when i turned 12 she had a stroke and I had to move in mom & dads....(where I sit now)Spent most of my time with my grandparent....When  they got older and needed help I moved back here to take of them....My grandparents passed 12 weeks later....And I miss them very much!

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

awwww...sorry..i too miss my grandma and grandpa

grandparents are very precious...

Quoting hau_siyoka:

I was raised by great grandma when i turned 12 she had a stroke and I had to move in mom & dads....(where I sit now)Spent most of my time with my grandparent....When  they got older and needed help I moved back here to take of them....My grandparents passed 12 weeks later....And I miss them very much!

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

oh the snowmobile rides seem fun...

Quoting happygolucky106:

They were actually fun to play with,they would wiggle in my hands,never hurting them, I was 5 I think,winter time we would go and my grandpa would give me snowmobile rides on the lake.

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting happygolucky106:

bertie277
by Gold sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandma use to pick me and my sister after school on Friday. She took two buses to get to our house. We had to take two buses back so before we caught the second buses downtown we stop to get ice cream soda from Kressa Store. Saturday morning I remember we went to her friends house and then go to church. My grandpa went out on Saturday, but woke up early in the morning to make us Pancakes.  Me and my sisters felt so special. On Sundays my grandpa and grandma took us home and his truck always broke down but just sitting in the truck didn't bother us because we get to spend more time with grandma.. I miss her so so much. I need her this past Wednesday and her picture pop up when I was looking for something and I took it. Love you granma...

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

thats such a sweet memory thanks for sharing...i didnt know that i would get such wonderful responses when i posted this topic...grandparents are the greatest

Quoting bertie277:

My grandma use to pick me and my sister after school on Friday. She took two buses to get to our house. We had to take two buses back so before we caught the second buses downtown we stop to get ice cream soda from Kressa Store. Saturday morning I remember we went to her friends house and then go to church. My grandpa went out on Saturday, but woke up early in the morning to make us Pancakes.  Me and my sisters felt so special. On Sundays my grandpa and grandma took us home and his truck always broke down but just sitting in the truck didn't bother us because we get to spend more time with grandma.. I miss her so so much. I need her this past Wednesday and her picture pop up when I was looking for something and I took it. Love you granma...

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM

just feeling safe and happy as ever

redlady125
by Silver sister on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember going to church with my grandma and she making all of us feel good. Then we go and have dinner with her she was the best.she could cook oh my goodness
I love and miss her
thank u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
floridadaisy
by Bronze sister on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I always stayed at my grandparents in the summer on the lake...I remember grandmas cooking...fried fish!!!! she was the best.

she always had a candy dish full of brochs candies, and always had a watermelon just for me. She loved to make me new clothes!! 

Grandpa always took me fishing during the day..... catfish n bass!! (which grandma always fried up !)

the evenings was swimming in the lake....tilll the mosquitoes ran me out...lol or I got water logged....

may they both R.I.P.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)