Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To follow authenic's post~~~~Which shows were your favorites?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

So we named the shows we remember watching back then but now tell me your favorites and if you remember what grade you were in or your age when you watched them.

I loved Little house on the prairie and I believe I was in middle school through high school when I watched it same with The Waltons. I definately remember watching Happy days in 7th and 8th grades. I watched the cartoon The Smurfs I guess all through high school and on. I remember living with my mom in my early 20's and having a cat that loved to watch the smurfs with me every morning.  Oh and another one I remember watching that I don't think anyone mentioned was Caption Kangero. I was real young when I watched that b/c I remember my nursery school teacher turning it on.

So what about you? Your favorites and what age you watched them. Put your thinking caps on ladies b/c this is fun stuff to remember! LOL!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Loved the Jetsons when I was little!

mommabelli
by Med Mom on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
2 or 3 - Captain Kangaroo
5 - Flintstone's
7,8 - Bugs Bunny, I think
9,10 - Trapper John M. D. (This was the start of my medical drama addiction, lol)
12, 13 - Whiz Kid
14 - High Mountain Rangers (I had a major crush on one of the stars!), Fraggle Rock (everyday I watched it with my sister before we went to school)
I can't remember watching anything between 15 and 20, my mind is drawing a blank. I'll have to get back to you on that one, lol.

Thanks, this was fun! Sorry so long.

graduateChristy

cjs702006
by Carla - Survivor on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I watched H.R. PuffinStuff when I was grade school'ish. I always thought it was kind of a different show.

authentic
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Sorry, don't remember what grade/age but there are so many, but if I had to make a choice it would be..Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dallas & Dynasty.  Those are the ones I looked forward to seeing..

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Miami Vice while I was in H.S.  84-88

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

loved this show!

Quoting cjs702006:

I watched H.R. PuffinStuff when I was grade school'ish. I always thought it was kind of a different show.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Tom & Jerry in the afternoons I think I was in 4th grade.

KateT3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting mommabelli:

2 or 3 - Captain Kangaroo
5 - Flintstone's
7,8 - Bugs Bunny, I think
9,10 - Trapper John M. D. (This was the start of my medical drama addiction, lol)
12, 13 - Whiz Kid
14 - High Mountain Rangers (I had a major crush on one of the stars!), Fraggle Rock (everyday I watched it with my sister before we went to school)
I can't remember watching anything between 15 and 20, my mind is drawing a blank. I'll have to get back to you on that one, lol.

Thanks, this was fun! Sorry so long.

Yeah I remember the flinstones every afternoon at 3, I think, and The Brady Bunch at 4 or 5 every MON. thru FRI! The Smurfs were Saturday mornings I think around 10am! Those were the good old shows! LOL!  BTW your post wasn't long, to me anyway!

KateT3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Quoting authentic:

Sorry, don't remember what grade/age but there are so many, but if I had to make a choice it would be..Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dallas & Dynasty.  Those are the ones I looked forward to seeing..

I can't remember my age/grade for a lot of them as well! I remember watching Dallas in high school. At one point they made T-shirts that read "I shot JR" but I don't think I had one!

mommabelli
by Med Mom on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Quoting KateT3:

Yeah, they don't make 'em like that anymore. I like the Boomerang channel, they play all the old cartoons. My kids like it too.

graduateChristy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)