Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Celebrity Death has been most shocking to you?????

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 45 Replies
  • 803 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Princess Diana for me, I watched her wedding then watched her funeral,,was soooooo sad...

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelica46
by Lil Princess on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Michael Jackson. 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM

cant think of anyone in particular... but I know there are some that were just so prevelent while I was growing up that when they died it really felt more of a coming of age for me.  Im so old that I remember the actors well who now are passed.

As for the drugs, accidents, etc.  I dont get "shocked" by that.  It happens EVERY day to normal people... why not once and a while to famous people.  Death is the great equalizer.

mommabelli
by Med Mom on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
There have been a few that have shocked me, but the only one I can remember besides Whitney Houston at this moment, was Michael Jackson. I felt like I "knew them".

graduateChristy

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
The only ones that shock me are the ones who die in accidents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allornone
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Princess Diana also.

mamivon2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM

None really. Princess Diana maybe a litte more like surprised..

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Like Princess Diana did,that was very sad

Quoting crazymom729:

The only ones that shock me are the ones who die in accidents.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I was at work in a restaurant when I heard the news about Princess Diana, I cried over her death.The others I didnt feel like I knew them at all so it affected me differently than Diana's death.It was tragic and could have been prevented.Everyone wanted to see pictures of her even after her divorce and she lived as modestly as possible.The stories still come out about how she wanted to raise her sons up as normal as possible.To me she was a true spirited person and lived the famous part well.Some of the actors/singers' deaths are not as shocking due to their bad side coming out.

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM

when she got married I was living at home in Spring Lake,Mi,,,,when she died I was married and living in Dayton,Ohio.

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

I was at work in a restaurant when I heard the news about Princess Diana, I cried over her death.The others I didnt feel like I knew them at all so it affected me differently than Diana's death.It was tragic and could have been prevented.Everyone wanted to see pictures of her even after her divorce and she lived as modestly as possible.The stories still come out about how she wanted to raise her sons up as normal as possible.To me she was a true spirited person and lived the famous part well.Some of the actors/singers' deaths are not as shocking due to their bad side coming out.

LittleBirdFly
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Selena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)