Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you noticed someone was gone from FB when they had been active?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 1319 Total Views

I was bored this morning so I started updating my FB and looking on some of my family and friends pages when I realized my one cousin no longer has a page. Or I think she doesn't anyway. I looked on her Dad and Uncle's pages and notice she isn't on their family list or friends list. She was very active on FB for a long time. She would always post pics of her and her son, her wedding, and how her current pregnancy was going. Her uncle posted a pic of her new baby with my uncle holding the baby. So odd I would have thought he would have posted a pic of her and the baby. She had 100's of pics of her and her son. So odd but sometimes people delete their FB pages for one reason or another. I'm thinking of asking her Dad or Uncle or my Uncle what happened but I don't want to seem nosey as I don't see and speak with her and her family that often. If it were your family would you ask? If I ask on FB I will send a private message to not air it to everybody!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I am only friends on fb with people who I know in real life.  So if they were absent like you said, I would simply pick up the phone and CALL.

I dont see how a call would be nosey.  This is after all a friend of yours, and family.  Pick up the phone and say 'hi, just called to see how youve been'.  What is nosey about that?

FamilyFun2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Well this has happend on cafemom.  Unfortunately when cafemom changed to beta a lot of members left because of their individual groups not seeming important to them and their pop up everywhere.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I haven't been on my fb in ages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SherylDe
by Sister on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I would ask via private email.  Nothing wrong with being curious...especially if you were facebook friends.  

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I think pm'ing someone else rather than simply calling her directly is on the gossipy side.

Just pick up the phone.  No need to even mention fb... just say you have been thinking about her and wanted to know how shes been.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I found this to happen with many of the young family members I have on FB-some is too much drama and I hide the feeds to my page.But there is one that really caught me off guard is my nephew when he took his page off, he didnt tell any of us when he switched cell carriers so I had no way of asking baout him except to his Mom.

LittleBirdFly
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

why dont you ask her herself. If you dont talk to her anyways why worry about it?

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I'd ask....

Jaxmomof2600
by Sister on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Probably din't want to get caught up in some drama.  Soinstead of defriending some she just shut down the page for a while.

KateT3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I'm guessing she got some bad comments from some people about having a second baby so soon after the first one and not being married when the first one was born. I didn't see any bad comments on her FB but I hadn't looked on their much either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)