Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you had your "5 min. of fame"?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 525 Total Views

If so, tell us about it.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Nope, I've had alot of "5" minute things that would bring a good laugh but fame is not one of them...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I had 5 seconds of fame. I was driving my kids home from school, not knowing there was a crime scene on the route home. I drove by and everyone saw my car on the news and actually called to tell me. LOL

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

LMBO...  funny!

Quoting crazymom729:

Nope, I've had alot of "5" minute things that would bring a good laugh but fame is not one of them...lol.

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

winkGosh, I hope not....  I'd hate to think that I missed it!

MissTLC
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I had a few. Once in high school. I was a senoir and the newspaper printed a story about teens who work. And when I was in The Pushie Grandmas for MS we did advertising on tv every year. We did public tv telethons, local news, and even a spot on Good Morning America. We said, Good Morning America!" But all that was different, cuz it wasnt like I was doing it myself. It was the group and we were raising awareness and funds for research and local programs. I even remember how much work it was to organize the golf tournament with the Seahawks and how much fun they were to hang out with. I guess on the one gand yes. But I dont like attention on myself. I'm happy to support a good cause.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redpatz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I was on the local news when the building my apartment was in burned down. No one was hurt. That was about 20 yrs ago.
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

awe heck... that is a sucky way to get your 5 min.

Quoting redpatz:

I was on the local news when the building my apartment was in burned down. No one was hurt. That was about 20 yrs ago.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Well I've had a few lol..  Several times you could see me and my family at our local 4th of July parade, we get there really early and sit by the grand stand so the camera gets us a lot LOL..

Also, when my grandmother and I participated in the "Hands Across America" (remember that?) we were on the front page w/a few others.

The one that meant the most to me tho was when I was going to the Art Institute of Dallas we had to make a PSA for a local business.  I wrote a PSA for the Swiss Avenue Clinic of Dallas and the mayor had to approve it for tv..she loved it...that meant more to me than it being on TV lol.

Also at school then we had to put on a concert of local talent and we were interviewed about it for the local news.

MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

More like 5 seconds. Went to a twins game with a guy I was seeing. The camera landed on us and we were on the big screen. 

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Oh oh oh I thought of one... A legit one haha. When I was little I was in the girl scouts well all troops in Louisiana entered an essay contest. Had something to do with opportunities or services that the state offered to handicap people. I wrote about my oldest brother who is blind and went to the school for the blind in baton rouge. I won first place in the state, my picture was in all the papers state wide and they had a large banquet in New Orleans and I was the guest of honor. I won a $50 savings bond. Big shit, especially when your are 10 years old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)