Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the damn garnishment just won't go away

ok some of you know about the garnishment issue. this is kicking our ass literally. we got an attorney and they are not even cooperating with our  attorney he is having problems getting it stopped. I told the attorney to take 250 out for his retainer before I knew how much so's check was. now I have us in a very screwed postition. I thought he had the electric bill paid and he didn't. now we can't pay the electric, still owe some on rent and can't get the damn garnishment stopped. so is feeling like a failure cause he can't support us which in his mind is his job. He is asking me what we should do and I have no idea what to even tell him. we have already hocked anything and everything of value. our tvs are to old to get any money for and same with the computers.  we have already used the charities and can't use them for another year. what do you do when you have no where to turn and need money. a loan is obviously out cause we can't pay our necessary bills let alone other bills. so our credit is shot and they can't loan money to someone who has no ability to pay it back. any advice I don't want a hand out. mom already helped us with rent. my ex in laws have already helped us were just screwed. We both feel like free loaders. son is having a hard time finding a job and I am having a hard time finding a second job and so is so. we have all been looking for at least 4 months. a couple of interviews and I am the only one that may have a job this week. but after travel it may not get us ahead. it may set us farther back. I had an interview today and she said she will have an opening within 30 days to check back with her but we need the help now.

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Replies (11-11):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Don't give up!  Forge ahead!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)