Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies.
Just a short intro to the group
I am  45 (46 in May).  I've been married for 10 years this year.
My oldest daughter is nearly 16. She was my only child until February 2008. Our small family of 3 agreed to take care of a 4 month old baby girl. She was placed in our care. It was suppose to be a temporary thing, but a year and half later she still lived with us. She called me Mom and my husband Dad. That year we petitioned the court for guardianship of the little girl which we were appointed. The biological mother didn't bother showiing up. She has a on-going battle with drug and alcohol addiction.
So, at 41 I found my self the mother of a 15 month old!
She's 4 now and she's such a joy. I love watching her grow! She is the exact opposite of my oldest daughter who was always so quiet and reserved.
I never thought I would have enough love for 2 children - but that is so not true. My heart just grew bigger and keeps growing as the love for my children grows each day!!!

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Replies (21-26):
WitchyMom2
by Sister on Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Congratualations!! I think that is fantastic. I would love to have a little one around again. :-)

wenuck
by Moonshine on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Welcome great story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickychatter
by Bronze sister on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Welcome! 

smile357
by Linda on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Nice to meet you. That is such a wonderful story.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

What a wonderful story that you have! Your girls are beautiful and I am almost going along the same journey as you.My kids are 14 yrs apart and they are a joy.I didn't expect to have any more after my daughter and when she was 13, I found out we were expecting again.It was a shock! I would not trade it for anything-she is 18 yrs old and my son is 4 yrs old.It is a wonderful age!

welcome to the group and I look forward to getting to know you!

MissTLC
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:25 AM
What a precious little girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)