Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Calling all General Hospital fans! Started watching again, need help catching up!!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 1865 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Hey gals!  I haven't watched GH in many YEARS.........and I need help figuring out 'who is who' and what the storylines are!!  I do recognize Anna, Robin, Mac, Tracey, Luke, Jason, and Sonny.  Not sure of the rest of the cast.  Can anyone help get me up to speed please??!!  Thanks.  ;-)

p.s. - And oh yeah, the reason why I started watching GH again is because my beloved OLTL was cancelled and I found out that Blair, Todd, and Starr Manning & John McBain, are heading on over to Port Charles!  I think this week.  I can't wait to see them on a soap again!!!

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I can!  Patrick is married to Robin and they have a daughter, Emma. Sonny is dating Kate.  Her cousin is Olivia and Olivia had a child out of wedlock with Sonny, his name is Dante.  Dante is married to Luke and Laura's daughter, LuLu.  What else do ya need??

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Current storylines..Robin was just killed in an explosion. She was creating a drug to save Jason's life. He is in the hospital with swelling on the brain that is sure to kill him if he doesnt get the drug. Robin managed to save the drug and give it to her husband, Patrick, before the explosion. Patrick is the son of Noah Drake, if you remember him from way back when. Patrick also has a brother that is surgeon on staff, Matt Hunter. Jason is married to Sam, and they are expecting a baby. Spinelli is a computer genius that works for Jason and Sonny. He is very close to Jason. Sonny is single and dating Kate, one of his high school girlfriends. Sonny's kids are Dante (Olivia's son), Michael and Morgan ( from ex wife Carly) and Kristina, froma  one night stand he had with his lawyer Alexis. Tracey is currently married to Anthony Zaccharra, a crazy mob boss, who blackmailed her into the marriage. Johnny, who thought he was Anthony's son, just found out that he's actually his grandson, and his sister, Claudia was his mother. That's why he is acting crazy. Luke has currently disappeared at the hands of Helena Cassadine. Luke is divorced from Laura, and also divorced from Tracey.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quoting bjfreeman1:

I can!  Patrick is married to Robin and they have a daughter, Emma. Sonny is dating Kate.  Her cousin is Olivia and Olivia had a child out of wedlock with Sonny, his name is Dante.  Dante is married to Luke and Laura's daughter, LuLu.  What else do ya need??

Well thank you BJ!!  So what is Anna up to now with her career and Mac?  Is Robert (Tristan Rogers) on there?  I did not know that Luke & Laura had a daughter!!!  How old is she?  And is Laura on the show?  What about Bobbi Ann (Luke's sister).........whatever happened to her?  Also, Lucky.........isn't he Luke & Laura's son?  How old is he now and what is he up to?  And the Quartermaine's...........who besides Tracey and Jason are still on the show...........how about Monica, Alan, Lila, and Edward?

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting kaarina:

Current storylines..Robin was just killed in an explosion. She was creating a drug to save Jason's life. He is in the hospital with swelling on the brain that is sure to kill him if he doesnt get the drug. Robin managed to save the drug and give it to her husband, Patrick, before the explosion. Patrick is the son of Noah Drake, if you remember him from way back when. Patrick also has a brother that is surgeon on staff, Matt Hunter. Jason is married to Sam, and they are expecting a baby. Spinelli is a computer genius that works for Jason and Sonny. He is very close to Jason. Sonny is single and dating Kate, one of his high school girlfriends. Sonny's kids are Dante (Olivia's son), Michael and Morgan ( from ex wife Carly) and Kristina, froma  one night stand he had with his lawyer Alexis. Tracey is currently married to Anthony Zaccharra, a crazy mob boss, who blackmailed her into the marriage. Johnny, who thought he was Anthony's son, just found out that he's actually his grandson, and his sister, Claudia was his mother. That's why he is acting crazy. Luke has currently disappeared at the hands of Helena Cassadine. Luke is divorced from Laura, and also divorced from Tracey.

Thank you very much!!!  I watched the other day and was really sad to see Robin be killed!!!  And that makes me sad that Luke (an oldy but goodie) isn't on there now............hope he comes back!!  And I didn't know that he was married to Tracey...........THAT is an unlikely, weird match!  I used to love Luke & Laura together.  How about Robert Scorpio..........what happened to him??  I loved him and Anna together!

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Wow, it has been years for you then. Luke took Tracey to Las Vegas got her drunk and married her. He wanted her to pay him to divorce her. They had an on again off again relationship, but truly care for each other. Luke and Laura were divorced and then were going to remarry. Laura went crazy and into a coma like state for many years. She came out if it twice with new drug therapy and decided to move to France to continue her treatment. Luke and Laura have a son, Lucky. He just recently left  to go to Ireland. Lucky has two sons with Elizabeth. he adopted Elizabeth's older son, Cam and they have another son, Aiden. Lulu is Luke and Laura's daughter. Laura has a Cassadine son, Nikolas, from when she was held hostage by them. Luke has a son, Ethan, from his affrair with Holly, a long time ago.  Robert and Anna were supposedly killed along with Cesar Faison when Robin was just a little girl. They came back a few years ago, and it was revealed that they never died. Anna had amnesia,and Robert was working for some secret organization. They are on the show occasionally. Robert will be coming back on the show in the next week or so. Monica, Jason, Tracey, and Edward are all that are left of the Quartermaines. Alan, AJ, and Emily all died on the show. The actress that played Lila died in real life many years ago, so they had her pass away on the show as well.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting kaarina:

Wow, it has been years for you then. YES, it has!!!  Luke took Tracey to Las Vegas got her drunk and married her. He wanted her to pay him to divorce her. They had an on again off again relationship, but truly care for each other. Those 2 just don't seem right together!!  lol  Luke and Laura were divorced and then were going to remarry. Laura went crazy and into a coma like state for many years. She came out if it twice with new drug therapy and decided to move to France to continue her treatment. Luke and Laura have a son, Lucky. He just recently left  to go to Ireland. Lucky has two sons with Elizabeth. he adopted Elizabeth's older son, Cam and they have another son, Aiden. Lulu is Luke and Laura's daughter. Laura has a Cassadine son, Nikolas, from when she was held hostage by them. Yes, I remember that now that you said it.  Luke has a son, Ethan, from his affrair with Holly, a long time ago.  Robert and Anna were supposedly killed along with Cesar Faison when Robin was just a little girl. They came back a few years ago, and it was revealed that they never died. Anna had amnesia,and Robert was working for some secret organization. They are on the show occasionally. Robert will be coming back on the show in the next week or so. YAY!!!!  Sooo glad he is coming back and that Anna is on the show!!  Monica, Jason, Tracey, and Edward are all that are left of the Quartermaines. Alan, AJ, and Emily all died on the show. The actress that played Lila died in real life many years ago, so they had her pass away on the show as well.  I do believe I had heard that the actress who played Lila had passed away in real life!  That makes sense that she died on the show too, because she was getting up there in years.  I am glad that Monica is still on there.  Did she remarry?  Is she still a doctor?

BonnieMarie59
by Bronze sister on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

And Lucky was married to a gal name Ciobon who he married so she could get her green card. She died and he went to Ireland to do something she asked him to do in a letter she wrote. and there is this new lady who is working for Helena to bring down the spencers who supposedly has amnesia. There is also a new dr who is a phsyciatrist who is treating this mysterious lady. And a new pediatritian who has a past with one of the drs on the show. 

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry...i haven't watched general hospital since 1992...lol...luke and laura were probably still together back then...i now watch the young & the restless

o and speaking oflaura she's now on y&r...along w/ some of the all my children people...

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Can anyone please refresh me on the history and members of the Cassadine family?!!  How do they fit in at Port Charles?  I don't remember Helena.  Were the Cassadine's after Luke & Laura back in the day?

momnarmywife710
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I got rid of cable the end of the year, then moved and in the process I lost time to watch the show and now I feel off track with it. I love the show but 2pm comes around and I'm somehow not at home watching.

What do you think of the characters? I like Sam and Jason together, and I guess you have missed the whole Franco, drawn out drama. Maxie has a sub lately and I hate that she makes the character seem so dumb. I want the original actress back after sickness. Lulu is my least favorite. I think she is whiny, dramatic, blah blah. Robin is the new goodie too shoes, instead of Elizabeth. With 3 kids with 3 different daddies, she is no goodie goodie anymore. Nicholas has left the show and Lucky's actor wanted a break so gone too.

Maybe we can both catch up lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)