Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Remember back in the day when----

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 59 Replies
  • 749 Total Views

you didnt have to lock your doors or was able to keep your bedroom window open during the night for fresh air??????? Dont dare do that now-a-days.....How bout you, Do you lock your doors or not????

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
love_to_travel
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Yes, I lock the doors. The windows are open during the warm months. There are usually friends outside around the fire pits at night so no real worries. I guess I never understood the concept of leaving our doors unlocked. Even if I moved to a quiet, small town I would still lock my doors.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Although I never used to lock my doors I do now but I do leave the patio door open all night sometimes.

wildlilacs
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Oh definately! Especially at this apt complex, even during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenchic
by Silver sister on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM

nope, i do not, tho hubby keeps yelling at me to lock,we only lock when we are gone for the whole days or nights.......

Lorraine6969
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Quoting secondcup5:

Although I never used to lock my doors I do now but I do leave the patio door open all night sometimes.

Lorraine6969
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Quoting love_to_travel:

Yes, I lock the doors. The windows are open during the warm months. There are usually friends outside around the fire pits at night so no real worries. I guess I never understood the concept of leaving our doors unlocked. Even if I moved to a quiet, small town I would still lock my doors.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Doors are locked! Hubby sleeps with our bedroom window open but I would NEVER do that without him being in there and I wont allow my girls to sleep with theirs open at all!!!

Jaxmomof2600
by Sister on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM

For 15 years we didn't even have keys to our house.  Then put in new doors and got keys mostly still didn't lock the doors.  Sorry to say the first of the month we had ADT installed.  There are too many and too close houses getting rob during the day.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM

If I remember to lock them fine if not fine too.  During cool nights we do sleep with the windows cracked, not wide open and we have a stick that we place at the top so the window can't be opened any more than about 2 or 3 inches.

authentic
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Anything that can be locked is locked.. And I live in a pretty decent neighborhood..Its just my nature..Thats why the hubby works to pay the heat & AC bill, lol..He wishes I would leave something open..Ha..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)