Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

As per my doctor, it is official! I am old!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 48 Replies
  • 712 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I have been without contacts or glasses for a couple of months. I finally went to the optometrist today. I was a little excited because I was sick of not being about to drive myself or see anything without getting right up to it. That enthusiasm was short lived. I go get the exam and afterward the doctor informed me I was losing sight in my near sight as well as my already challenged far sight. She then dropped this bomb on me,

"Unfortunately, you will need to wear reading glasses on top of your contacts or get bifocal lenses.  Women your age get progressively deteriorating near sight."

So, now I can see better and that is a double edged sword. Now I can see my wrinkles better from a distance but need bifocals so I can see my wrinkles close up too! This 40th year crap is really getting on my last nerve!

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

bouncing Isnt it great? I havent been able to see for probably over 9 months now and I still havent made an eye exam! OMG....... you can see the wrinkles more!? Wah........... now I really dont want to go! :-)

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to the eye doctors because I am borderline diabetic. So, now my insurance requires an annual check. I thought it was cool, because I don't have bad eye sight. He informed me that I should be wearing reading glasses, and that I have night blindness!

He is now my least favorite doctor! LOL

Good luck! Being 40 does get better! I promise!!!!!!!

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to smack her. She could have at least said that this happens over time but she didnt have to say, "Its common for women my age!

Would someone please pass a message up to  Moses? Tell him I think we are going in circles and the 40 year trip out of Egypt is getting a little redundant? 

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

bouncing Isnt it great? I havent been able to see for probably over 9 months now and I still havent made an eye exam! OMG....... you can see the wrinkles more!? Wah........... now I really dont want to go! :-)

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM

LOL! And yes, I agree that was mean of her :-0 and a woman to boot!? The nerve (lol) Don't you worry my little pretty, she will get her "come uppins" one day!  It stinks when we are all starting to get older than our Drs. (lol)

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

I wanted to smack her. She could have at least said that this happens over time but she didnt have to say, "Its common for women my age!

Would someone please pass a message up to  Moses? Tell him I think we are going in circles and the 40 year trip out of Egypt is getting a little redundant? 

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, she's just a dummy.  The last thing any of us old broads wanna hear is that we're old....

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yeah, it sucks! I never had a vision problem until 1999. I started out having to wear bi-focals. Now with this probable move coming up, I need to get a new prescription also! You have to wear reading glasses on top of wearing your glassses? OMG! That is quite an adjustment!  BTW: Our eyesight does deteriorate with age I was told even back then! nerdy

dayskitty
by Bronze sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I am 53 and wear bi focals.But I get the kind with an invisible line,so everyone doesn't know.LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

I would have told her to eat poo! Sorry!

jess225
by Bronze sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM

LMAO!
Right there with ya.  I just got they bifocal lenses and love them.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The second she said bifocal I was instantly thinking of my late grandmother and when she had to get bifocal. I used to call them old people glasses! I had no idea I was gonna be torturing my self over that 30 years later. Karma is a nasty and vindictive enemy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN