Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

As per my doctor, it is official! I am old!

I have been without contacts or glasses for a couple of months. I finally went to the optometrist today. I was a little excited because I was sick of not being about to drive myself or see anything without getting right up to it. That enthusiasm was short lived. I go get the exam and afterward the doctor informed me I was losing sight in my near sight as well as my already challenged far sight. She then dropped this bomb on me,

"Unfortunately, you will need to wear reading glasses on top of your contacts or get bifocal lenses.  Women your age get progressively deteriorating near sight."

So, now I can see better and that is a double edged sword. Now I can see my wrinkles better from a distance but need bifocals so I can see my wrinkles close up too! This 40th year crap is really getting on my last nerve!

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Mar. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

thanks........(says with a sigh)

Quoting ladybugist:

Welcome to the GA Girl no sight near or far club---LOL.

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM

embrace it... age gracefully..live

overitall
by Sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

OMG!!! I'm on the floor laughing right now :)

overitall
by Sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM

OMG!!! You gals crack me up!  I love it!

Sherwoodmomma

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I just noticed that your sweetpea is wearing glasses. TOOOO CCCUUTTEE

Quoting Mariagma3:

Yeah, it sucks! I never had a vision problem until 1999. I started out having to wear bi-focals. Now with this probable move coming up, I need to get a new prescription also! You have to wear reading glasses on top of wearing your glassses? OMG! That is quite an adjustment!  BTW: Our eyesight does deteriorate with age I was told even back then! nerdy

Diana.50
by Sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I finally broke down and tried the monovision contacts - it's the best thing since apple pie.  Speaking of pie, nsmileow I can read the menu - hurray!

BobbieB
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

LOL, I just turned 40 a couple of months ago and I already noticed a change in my vision. I refuse to admit that it's b/c I'm older, though. I am now visibly challenged in both directions.

chickychatter
by Bronze sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

you know I was looking in the mirror today thinking I don't have too many wrinkles to be 42, but then I was telling my husband that I think I need glasses because I can't see as clear lately. Damn I bet when I get glasses I will see all those damn wrinkles.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I bet you will rock those glasses Sister! 40 looks great on you and love that smilesmile 

PhyllisGB
by Sister on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

hugs!! 

I'm off my hormones now (I'm much older than 40!!) and I've found that I don't need glasses to drive anymore.....so....I guess some things get better (???)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN