Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Vampires, Werewolves, & Zombies, Oh My!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you like movies about vampires, werewolves, or zombies?  Do you like to read about them?  Do you like the Young Adult Reader section or the Adult section of them at the bookstore?

What are your favs, if you have any?

Come join me in 40ish and Beyond group!
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
MissTLC
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

You are not going to get bashed here for liking or disliking something.  I preferred the books over the movie.  And with Vampire Diaries, I have watched the tv series but not read the books yet.  So Idk if I'll like the books.  We all have our likes and dislikes here.  I just wondered what you all think about it. 

Toni

Quoting liquidvelvet:

This exactly. I totally agree with you on Twilight....the movie sucks and so does the books!!

Quoting Starry412:

I like them all. I love to read and watch the movies or tv shows. I think the only books and movies I really didn't like is Twilight, I know I'm probably going to get bashed because of it. I wanted more action.

3monkeesmama
by Bronze sister on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I couldn't stomach Bella in the Twilight series. I read the first one and it was ok, I couldn't even even get halfway through the second because I just wanted to smack her!

MissTLC
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting 3monkeesmama:

I couldn't stomach Bella in the Twilight series. I read the first one and it was ok, I couldn't even even get halfway through the second because I just wanted to smack her!

Her character was very good at playing the victim of circumstance!

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

well you ain't gonna get bashed like that again, not when I'm around!!!

Quoting MissTLC:

That's almost exactly why I got bashed so harshly!!!!

Quoting LFosterfarm:

well for one, in the movie edward is not at all the way I pictured him, and the glistening thing just didn't work for me, I'm old school vampire I guess.

Quoting MissTLC:

wait. I'm sure you probably already said this, buy why didn't you like the story?  I can see why not the movie, cuz that was lame, imo.

Quoting LFosterfarm:

one of my daughters read the books and they sounded interesting cuz she was always coming out and telling me parts, but when I saw the first movie with her, it was like, oh hell no!!!!

Quoting MissTLC:

Haha! I loved the books, hate the movies.  I got seriously bashed a few years ago for what I said about Robert Pattinson being cast for Edward.  It was not in this group.  But in the other group those gals were all up in his butt and thought he could do no wrong and he was mr. hottie of the decade.
haha!  I still think it's funny!

Quoting LFosterfarm:

no no no girl I am not a twilight fan either, i mean really, glowing, glistening, what ever the hell it is???  vamps are sexy and scary and all that stuff, not shinny!!!!

Quoting Starry412:

I like them all. I love to read and watch the movies or tv shows. I think the only books and movies I really didn't like is Twilight, I know I'm probably going to get bashed because of it. I wanted more action.

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

AWESOME 

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

HAHA,,INVITING....

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM

One of my faves just finished her latest one...Torhment's story in Lover Reborn.....

Quoting MissTLC:

I love to read them too! I've read some pretty freaky stuff.  I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Quoting rojastarr:

I love to read paranormal romances

Chea_123
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I love vampires .... My fav movie is an interview of a vampire , very old movie but the best one oh and queen of the damn ,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I like reading about possible human situations....Leave the creatures at their party and as long as you can type REPLY REPLY REPLY

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM

lol Interesting for some who can keep up with the series but just Earth Mother is an encyclopedia of informaiton....We should have a book club in the Admin room!!! Great idea lol.....mooooooomooooooooooa the downloadable book of the month club!!!! that way you can read online and still keep an eye on things around here!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)