Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Homemade beauty tips

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 811 Total Views
3 moms liked this

Happy Easter!!

I thought it would be nice if we can start the week with a few beauty tips. I know that we all can't afford to go to a salon so why not feel pretty as we do it ourselves at home.

Did you know that some items you already have at home can make you feel like a woman.

Milk baths will make your skin so soft and smooth. It also helps if you are outdoors and you get a little red from the sun. I have powered milk in my freezer and use it to bath often. My skin feels silky smooth and hydrated.

Olive oil is great to use with either brown sugar or white exfoliate your face and arms and legs. LOVE IT!!!

Do you have those coffee grounds that you either put around the plants or toss out? How about a coffee facial? Take your grounds ( warm works better) and mix with your facial cream and let it sit on your face for 10 minutes, rub and then rinse off.

You all remember Madge who was the spokes woman for Palmoilve dish soap? I go and get a small bottle and soak my fingers in soapy water ( or wash dishes) and then I take and file my nails and paint my nails. The dollar store has kool colors and if you get any color why not get one more and make fun designs on your nails ( you dont have to be creative to place dots on your nails). Pedicure why not do the same thing and paint your nails as well.. I love my nail tech!! Oh wait she is me!!

Egg white facial mask is great as well...

Do you have great tips?

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Cucumbers... The are not only good eatin, the are also great on the eyes. They refresh and and rejuvenate the skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzi960
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM

sometimes if your hair gets all fly away from static... spray your hairbrush with hair spray and then brush your hair,  static will be gone ...lol....

Motherbird4
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Apple cider vinegar to remove cuticles or callused skin .
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Out of shaving cream??? Use your conditioner. Legs are smooth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzi960
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM

hmm interesting....

Quoting Motherbird4:

Apple cider vinegar to remove cuticles or callused skin .

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Quoting maryg38:

Cucumbers... The are not only good eatin, the are also great on the eyes. They refresh and and rejuvenate the skin.

Take and put your cucumbers in a blender and blend, take and strain it and place the juice in a spray bottle mixed with water on hot day spray yourself and it will hydrate your skin and you can take the juice and mix with witch hazel and use on your face to clean it.

Also take cukes and cut up in water and drink it in place of lemons.. ALL the expensives spa do that!!

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

kity-bity
by Sister on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Take equal quantity of sodium bio carbonate and salt, brush your teeth, they become bright & white.laughing

mammapav
by Sister on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Great ideas !!! Thanks !!!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I've been doing a mixture of honey, egg and plain yogurt on my face, as a face mask. After I rinse that off, I put a little olive oil on my face and place a warm wash cloth over my skin to steam open pores, and then rinse with cold water. My dried out skin is becoming as soft as a baby's bottom. I'm also using the olive oil as a hot oil treatment on my hair, and I'm seeing more improvement than any of the expensive hair treatments I've bought.

jess225
by Bronze sister on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Wow these are all great ideas...I'm going to have to try these!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN