Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

My dog "Star" on her last days :(

Posted by   + Show Post

puppyMy son and I took our dog Star to the Vet today, screamingThe Vet gave us bad News!! She said Star has a bad Heart and giving her medicine will just make her comfortable for 2  weeks if that, then her kidneys will get bad. cryingThe Vet told us that we should not let her suffer. My other son came to the vet and the  boys said NO NOT TODAY!! The Vet said, ok so do you want time to tell Star bye and the boys said YES!!! So if Star can live til then Monday or Tuesday it is for my doggy Star. We got her July 1996. I did read on the other post and I should make some to remember our dog.Thanks for letting me Vent!!crying

angel miniAngel:)

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (31-35):
cherylam
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

(((HUGS)))  We lost my beloved Shih Tzu Annie in January, I miss her so much... I still step around the spot where she slept, on her bed in the kitchen.  Star will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, healthy & happy again.

belender
by Sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

You did the right thing and the kids too. I have had to put down two of my babies; Chancey was 15 when she had a mini stroke...she was deaf and going blind but up until then she was doing good! But she could not keep her balance and I took her to the vet...they said she about an hour left, but I let them end her suffering earlier...but they would not let me take her home...if I had known that I would not have taken her to the vet. Yes, I would have...she was a faithful companion. Her companion pup, Lyndon lasted one more year...he was 13...my DD and DH went on vacation and I had him put down too. They could not do it. He was not gaining weight or processing the 2-3 feedings a day. And he was telling me to let him go see Chancey....so I did. Their collars are buried in my backyard in the same hole together. They are at peace. Wish I was.

JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM
so sorry!

kryptomom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Sorry.  ((Hugs))  Letting go is never easy.

tinysmom160
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM

puppy My heart goes out to you and your family!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)