Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

My dog "Star" on her last days :(

Posted by   + Show Post

puppyMy son and I took our dog Star to the Vet today, screamingThe Vet gave us bad News!! She said Star has a bad Heart and giving her medicine will just make her comfortable for 2  weeks if that, then her kidneys will get bad. cryingThe Vet told us that we should not let her suffer. My other son came to the vet and the  boys said NO NOT TODAY!! The Vet said, ok so do you want time to tell Star bye and the boys said YES!!! So if Star can live til then Monday or Tuesday it is for my doggy Star. We got her July 1996. I did read on the other post and I should make some to remember our dog.Thanks for letting me Vent!!crying

angel miniAngel:)

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
kimber2465
by Sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

so sorry! our gizmo is 15 years old. going to have to make him appt. we have been noticing he 

is sleeping alot more, and doesn't seem to be hearing very well.

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM

So sorry....I can feel your pain through my tears. Hugs

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

How sad.  It's never easy when a pet dies or has to be put down.

Aslen
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

OP, I lost my Dachshund Schnitzel on Thursday. I feel your pain...

starlight1968
/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL*˚ .ღ 。° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ . /
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

we got a shadow box and made one of our dog Piper that we lost tragically last summer.  We put her collar, the Rainbow Poem, a cast of her foot(print) that the vet did for us and a few odds/ends and we hung it in the hall w/the family pics... 

It helps to see it when we start to think about her.  Dh has even shown it to Pickles lol and talks to her all about Piper.  Maybe do something like that for you.

HUGS

cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

How sad. My sister and her family had to put down their rottweiler the other day. He was only 9 years old and was such a wonderful dog. I'm sorry for your loss.

evanne337
by Sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bertie277
by Gold sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
This is so nice!! Where can I get this poem or do should I write this one down

Quoting Aslen:

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM
You can google rainbow bridge to find it :)

Quoting bertie277:

This is so nice!! Where can I get this poem or do should I write this one down

Quoting Aslen:

Author unknown...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri-553
by Terri on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Oh,OMG(goodness)I feel so very bad for all of you.She just a dog-she is family.I will be thinking of you.I am so very sorry.God Bless take carehugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN