Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heaven Help Me! I'm in agony and need Mama's Advise!

Posted by   + Show Post
Holy smokes, ladies! I almost passed out from pain this morning, and that's never happened to me before! I was brushing my teeth and my back popped and completely gave out! The room got fuzzy, like was going to faint, I couldn't move my right arm or head and neck, and I actually vomited. Then I broke out into a cold sweat and I can only imagine what shade of gray I had turned! Something in my upper back, near my right shoulder blade popped and then I got a shooting pain that went from my head all the way down my back that has hung around all day. It's actually better than it was this morning, but the 5 hour drive home to California from Vegas was brutal, to say the least!
Ok, so I've just had a super hot shower that has helped a lot, and found a couple of Vicodin that I'm waiting to kick in. I have a chiropractor appt in the morning that can't get here quickly enough! What I'm wondering is... if anyone has had this happen before?? Is almost passing out and vomiting a normal reaction? What should I do? Ice? Heat? Thanks for *listening* to my pity party --- lol! And any advise to help me get thru the night will be SO appreciated! You ladies are the best!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

by the by... where in the oc are you?  lived up there through my teen years and wild 20s.  Im down in San Diego now... semi-respectable since leaving newport.... but boy was that fun when young!

MissTLC
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Can you get an xray before you see the chiropractor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smile357
by Linda on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I would tell the doc tomorrow. I have had disk problems and you can definatley get sick from the pain and I've had my back pop twice. Honestly never a good thing. I was told with mine that I couldn't get worked on. Just remember to tell him what happened tonight please.

omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Ironically, I had sched the appt to see the chiro before we left on vaca for a dislocated rib on the other side that has been bugging me For a while but I could live with cuz I didn't have time to go in for before leaving. This one is 100x worse and nothing like the first. Will explain all this and prob ask for X-rays prior.... I'm not freaking out (yet) but curious why I'm falling apart! Thanks for all the great advise!!!

Quoting smile357:

I would tell the doc tomorrow. I have had disk problems and you can definatley get sick from the pain and I've had my back pop twice. Honestly never a good thing. I was told with mine that I couldn't get worked on. Just remember to tell him what happened tonight please.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I'm going to ask for one. It's been years (25+) since I've been to a chiro, so I think it would be a good idea, thanks!

Quoting MissTLC:

Can you get an xray before you see the chiropractor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Laguna Niguel for 15 years now. Was in LA and all over prior to that... Where in SD? I'm down visiting friends in OB every coupe of months. PS: "semi-respectable" is completely over rated! :) but I suppose I am these days, too.....

Quoting sahlady:

by the by... where in the oc are you?  lived up there through my teen years and wild 20s.  Im down in San Diego now... semi-respectable since leaving newport.... but boy was that fun when young!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
hope your ok!

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I know I'm late getting this in but Yes, I have had it happen. The first time I was 19 and just sneezed!! I made it to the ER and they shot me up with demerol and gave me mucle relaxants and pain pills but none of it knocked me out or took the pain away. 30 years later and I have 15 herniated and ruptured discs that I deal with daily. I would take your mishap as a warning and if you don't get any relief or answers get another opinion. Believe me....your back is nothing to play around with. It affects me in my daily life and surgery is out of the question for me. Hope you're much better by the time you read this. Hugs

omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Wow! That's so much to have to deal with, I hope you're ok, and have learned how to function! My sis wanted me to go to the ER, but by then, I was in jammies and wasn't going anywhere but to sleep! I will Definately get a second op, then, thanks. Now I have to figure out how to get up out of bed since the alarm just went off... Ugh! :)

Quoting mamamiajk:

I know I'm late getting this in but Yes, I have had it happen. The first time I was 19 and just sneezed!! I made it to the ER and they shot me up with demerol and gave me mucle relaxants and pain pills but none of it knocked me out or took the pain away. 30 years later and I have 15 herniated and ruptured discs that I deal with daily. I would take your mishap as a warning and if you don't get any relief or answers get another opinion. Believe me....your back is nothing to play around with. It affects me in my daily life and surgery is out of the question for me. Hope you're much better by the time you read this. Hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

The severe pain part can cause that.  I had the same thing happen to me when I had an ovarian cyst burst...the room got all  fuzzy, I was bent over double, got so nauseated I almost threw up, and broke out in a cold sweat.  I was able to holler for dh, he said I was a new shade of white....horrible feeling!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)