Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Jealous

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I know I am going to get bashed for this post and told I need to grow up, I need help, etc, but here goes... Both my boyfriend and I have facebook accounts.  He never makes comments on my wall or pictures but he does on other people's.  Also, he becomes friends with a different woman every other day.  This crap bothers me but I feel so juvenile to ask "why don't you post anything on my wall or pictures?"  And I don't want to ask who all these women he is befriending are because I don't want him to get mad at me.  Ugh.  I don't think I am met to be in a relationship because stupid shit like this drive me crazy.

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

well all i can say is if you want to know all this,just ask him...are these woman strangers or past friends...i tell ya this facebook can drive some people nuts..ive been hearing more problems about it than good.....

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

No bashing here...

Do you live together? Have a serious "no other dating" relationship?

Also, just remember (and I learned the hard way on this) COMMUNICATE!!... Don't let it fester, just ask but watch 'how' you ask, I mean don't sound like your pissed or accusing him of something...hard I know...HUGS

Ferne
by Silver sister on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Is it only women that he accepts as new friends? I know a lot of people who have 300-500 friends. They accept any friend offer that comes up so it may not mean anything.  As far as commenting, I would ask him about it.

smile357
by Linda on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

excately this

Quoting starlight1968:

No bashing here...

Do you live together? Have a serious "no other dating" relationship?

Also, just remember (and I learned the hard way on this) COMMUNICATE!!... Don't let it fester, just ask but watch 'how' you ask, I mean don't sound like your pissed or accusing him of something...hard I know...HUGS

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Being on fb is like being on the telephone, and its quite unusual to have a new female everyday.. You have every right to feel the way you do, it would bother me as well.. So, best deal is to speak to him about it, not like you are accusing as one other mom said, but you do need to know..I bet if the table turned he would have a huge problem with it. They can gave but cannot take.. You know your boyfriend, so do what works for you and approach delicately..

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I would be upset about the women, not so much about the whole pictures and posting though... FB does cause problems for a lot of people... MY daughter's MIL is one to use it against people...she used Myspace as a punishment of sorts, if you made her mad she would move to the bottom of her friends list..haha...REALLY she did! Now that's childish! ...

as for your issues, I think as others have said...TALK to him about your feelings, a relationship needs communication to survive.

MEENASTRID
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
In this situation I would find myself feeling passive aggressive. Which means it's time to possibly move on.
Not so much? Hide his underware in the freezer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM

well honestly it would bother me too, and I"m not the jelous type at all.  I do agree with the above, communication, you're in a catch 22 situation, if you don't communicate about this eventually it will drive a wedge between you and could end up destroying the relationsip, if you do try to talk to him, you have a 50-50 shot of it either working out or not, so either way, you should do something if only for yourself and your sanity!!!  I wish you luck! (((hugs)))

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

If you are in a relationship with him...be honest and ask him who they are.  Don't drive yourself crazy over it...and FB always does more damage than good!

jdy9440
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not like that either, I know a lady our age whose dh of many years started talking with a past female friend on FB and they kept flirting until it turned into something, I would nip it in the bud. Why does he need to friend women he doesn't even know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)