Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Excited about 2 things!! And one is hot, hot, hot!!!!! ;-)

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 631 Total Views
2 moms liked this

For all of you book lovers out there............my first bit of exciting news is that last Friday, I met a famous best-selling author at our local Wegmans store!!  She is a mystery novel writer of over 30 books, and her name is Mary Higgins Clark!!  I have read several of her books in the past and really admired her work!  This latest book of hers, "The Lost Works" made it to the #1 spot on the NY times bestselling list recently!!!  She was very friendly and very classy looking for an elderly lady!!  Her daughter Carol Higgins Clark, another author with a new novel out, was also there for the book signing!  My mom and I went, and we each bought a book and will swap them to read when we are finished!  Ironically, I bought the mother Mary's book and my mom bought the daughter Carol's book!  lol  It was a very cool experience!!!

And........my second thing that I am excited about, is Amazon is getting ready to ship my order for the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy by new British author E. L. James (Erica Leonard) and it's a sizzling HOT one with lots of romance and erotica!!!  She has found fame and fortune and has been interviewed by the Today Show this morning because of her steamy novels!!!!  I can't wait to read all 3 of them.  I will let you girls know how they are!  Have heard by a friend of mine that they are deliciously addictive & hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!  My husband better look out once I get started on them.  hahaha  

~ Danielle    hot flash  I will be feeling this way once I start reading "Fifty Shades of Grey!!!"  lol

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG. dani, i just read the first book of fifty shades,and let me tell you, im in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i cant stop thinking about it.. i jumped on amazon the other day to order the last 2...its supposed to come today.. im staring out my window waiting for the UPSguy....lol   its sooooooooo good....i read it in a day and a half and then read it again..lol...... u know i can download it to my ipad, but i just want the real deal.. i hate reading off the ipad....      oh my .youll luvvvvvvvvvv it...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn now I gave to read them. I hope they have it for my kindle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Dani- How lucky were you and your Mom! Now, I have to go check out these books!

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Quoting Mariagma3:

Dani- How lucky were you and your Mom! Now, I have to go check out these books!

Thanks Maria!!  And yes, we will have to compare notes when we are finished reading them all!!  ;-)

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for letting me know about Mary Higgins Clark's new book...I love love love her.  Definitely gonna check out the Fifty Shades of Grey too.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting suzi960:

OMG. dani, i just read the first book of fifty shades,and let me tell you, im in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i cant stop thinking about it.. i jumped on amazon the other day to order the last 2...its supposed to come today.. im staring out my window waiting for the UPSguy....lol   its sooooooooo good....i read it in a day and a half and then read it again..lol...... u know i can download it to my ipad, but i just want the real deal.. i hate reading off the ipad....      oh my .youll luvvvvvvvvvv it...

Fantastic Suzi!!!  I totally cannot wait to receive the trilogy - all in the same order!!!!  So you may not see me on here too much once I get them for about a week!!  lol  And don't attack the UPS guy now!!  hahaha  I don't have a kindle or nook yet.  And honestly, I like a good old fashioned book to read, so I probably will not be getting one anytime soon!!  If you and my friend Allison loved this book, I am quite sure that I will too!!  So did you jump your hubby's bones after reading it?!?!!  LMAO

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Quoting crazymom729:

Thanks for letting me know about Mary Higgins Clark's new book...I love love love her.  Definitely gonna check out the Fifty Shades of Grey too.

Sure thing!!  We will have to start a little book review club in this group for all the readers!!!

cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

How exciting! I love books written by Nora Roberts and would LOVE to meet her. I'm jealous you got to meet your favorite!

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cjs702006:

How exciting! I love books written by Nora Roberts and would LOVE to meet her. I'm jealous you got to meet your favorite!

It was very exciting!!!  And don't be jealous!!  lol  Just be on the lookout for any future book signings!  This was my very first one, but I will definitely attend another one for an author that I enjoy!!!  Jackie Collins is my absolute fave, and I also love Nora Roberts too!!  So we have that in common.  ;-)  I think that I am going to do a google search for these authors and a few others and see if they have a schedule for future book signings!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I found it for my kindle and will be ordering it as soon as I can.. Sounds juicy and interesting. I have been taking time each day to read a book other than a text and looking for good books to read.. Thanks for the heads up!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)