Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

atm talk gets me thinking....

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 622 Total Views

Do you carry cash any more?

If so, about how much do you have at one time?

Do you take it out weekly and keep it in your purse or as you need it?

I am a plastic girl living in a plastic world.  I went to get some burritos for my kids and the guy said they only take cash.  WTH???  It is 2012!!!  I placed my order and had to go to the market next door to pull out cash!  LMBO!  I had no idea.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Cash?  What cash?  It's plastic for me as well.  Should my girls need money...they go to the bank of DAD...he's always got the cash.

omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Keep your hands off my cash, lady! Oh, wait, I don't have any!! My poor DH has to be reminded that it's 2012 and everyone takes plastic (except your burrito place) and he doesn't always have to "stop to get cash." oy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I mainly use my card, but I get cash out every once in awhile just in case of a small purchase and don't want to use my card.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

being that you are just up the 5 from me a bit... Im sure you have these kinds of taco places too.  yummmmmmy!

Quoting omamabean:

Keep your hands off my cash, lady! Oh, wait, I don't have any!! My poor DH has to be reminded that it's 2012 and everyone takes plastic (except your burrito place) and he doesn't always have to "stop to get cash." oy.

omamabean
by Bronze sister on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
What taco place?

Quoting sahlady:

being that you are just up the 5 from me a bit... Im sure you have these kinds of taco places too.  yummmmmmy!

Quoting omamabean:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Not a specific taco place... just the little authentic ones.  Where you kind of need to know spanish to order.  The GOOD ones.

Quoting omamabean:

What taco place?

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting omamabean:

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

we only do cash... Don't trust a bank as far as I can THROW it... If I need to pay w/a cc we have a "add cash to it" card.

It also keeps me from buying stuff as I see what we have and just don't want it to be gone lol...

MissTLC
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I'm learning to do cash.  I cut up all my credit cards about 6-7 months ago.  I have a tin can buried in the back yard.  I lost my map, though!  I use my debit card for gas, groceries, and online purchases.  I use cash for the rest, and I don't usually keep any cash on me.  If I have it on me, I spend it or give it to my ds.  It's ridiculous!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I take my husbands cash, as soon as I have it poof! It's gone! 

suzi960
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

yes i carry cash on me...not alot.  but  enough,dont like using my debit/credit card for every little thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)