Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bragging Momma Moment

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 327 Total Views
4 moms liked this

My 15yo came home to show me that he received two gold medals for his performance in JROTC this year. One was for dedication and the other for tactical! So, forgive me for giving out a southern cheer :

"That's my baby!"

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

That's awesome! Good job! Brag Momma~, brag!

BL2010
by BL on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Congratulations to him! You can brag away all you want and you should!

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

CONGRATS!!! NICE JOB MOM!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

woooohooooo!! that is AWESOME!!!

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

clapping

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

We don't have that in our area! I was looking for it, for my son last year. It must be really exciting for him, and you as well!

jdy9440
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Awesome!
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This program is awesome. My son has really thrown himself into every aspect. He wants to be a Marine and wants to be the top officer when he reaches his senior year. The soldiers that run this program are not in it for any other reason than the kids and it shows in everything they do for the kids. My son had a hard time with focusing on school the way he needed to and almost failed 8th grade. The men running this program really push the kids to be the best they can academically as well as being a soldier. My son is an A student in his freshman year and he has NEVER had a GPA over a C. I have always know he had the potential but learning was something we struggled with for several years. He is an exceptionally bright kid but had no ambition. Now, because of this program and his participation in the marching band, He sets goals for himself and does what he needs to acheive them. As a parent, I couldnt be more greatful to the three soldiers who take these kids under their wings. I always knew my son had it in him. I just couldnt find that trigger to make him see it. JROTC did it for me. 

Quoting connietrrll:

We don't have that in our area! I was looking for it, for my son last year. It must be really exciting for him, and you as well!

mommabelli
by Med Mom on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Congratulations!! Brag away momma!

graduateChristy

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

That is why I was looking for the program here. My son is 15 and a sophomore in high school. He is so smart that he was tested for pre-k and promoted to kindergarten a year early! But, when he was in middle school, he struggled. Mainly because there is a huge age difference in the kids in his grade. So, he was smaller. He played little league in 7th grade because he could. Most of the kids no longer qualified after 5th. So, he started pulling away from everything.

That is when I thought JROTC would be a good start. The closest one I found was Philadelphia and that is about 5 hours away!

This year he started a college preparation program called Upward Bound. He loves it. They don't have the same physical requirements which sucks. But, they push him to be his best!

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

This program is awesome. My son has really thrown himself into every aspect. He wants to be a Marine and wants to be the top officer when he reaches his senior year. The soldiers that run this program are not in it for any other reason than the kids and it shows in everything they do for the kids. My son had a hard time with focusing on school the way he needed to and almost failed 8th grade. The men running this program really push the kids to be the best they can academically as well as being a soldier. My son is an A student in his freshman year and he has NEVER had a GPA over a C. I have always know he had the potential but learning was something we struggled with for several years. He is an exceptionally bright kid but had no ambition. Now, because of this program and his participation in the marching band, He sets goals for himself and does what he needs to acheive them. As a parent, I couldnt be more greatful to the three soldiers who take these kids under their wings. I always knew my son had it in him. I just couldnt find that trigger to make him see it. JROTC did it for me. 

Quoting connietrrll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)