Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

If you could go back in time.......

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could go back into time and relive your life changing things, what age would you be and what change would you make?

I would be 19 and would go to college before getting married.

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Replies (21-29):
cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bbix84:

I would go back about 4 years and change how I handled a situation that ended a friendship. That person now has terminal cancer and I wish more than anything I could be there for them as a friend as they die.

It's never too late, just pick up the phone and call them. Just say "I'm sorry and I love you"  and that is the first start.

Avitar
by Sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Well, if I changed anything,I wouldn't have my little man, so, I wouldn't  want to go back in time. This is something for a single person to answer in my opinion.

bbix84
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM
If only it were that simple. I have talked to this person recently, we were both able to make amends for how each of us handled the situation. They know that I care about them and what they are going thru and that I will be there for their family no matter what. I will see them, but for many reasons cannot be there as a close friend.

Quoting cjcharlie1959:

Quoting bbix84:

I would go back about 4 years and change how I handled a situation that ended a friendship. That person now has terminal cancer and I wish more than anything I could be there for them as a friend as they die.

It's never too late, just pick up the phone and call them. Just say "I'm sorry and I love you"  and that is the first start.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inlawsensitive
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I would go back to being a young woman and realize that it's ok to stick up for myself and realize that my happiness is as important as everyone else's.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have to say I wouldn't change a thing.  I had to kiss a lot of frogs to get the prince!  My life has definitely had its challenges but it has made me who I am today.

obx_Mom
by ~>*<~0bX~HoU$eWiFe~> on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

So many of my screw ups and shitty choices have lead me down crappy roads that wound up being paved with roses and smelling like sweet fresh cut grass. 

As much as I'd like to do some things over, I don't know that I would? 

If I hadn't married an asshole the first time - I wouldn't have had my awesome boys.

If I hadn't married an asshole the first time - I wouldn't have known what a true asshole was and what I didn't want in a husband. Then when I met my 2nd husband I would not have been able to recognise what a good husband was if not being married to a bad one to begin with. 

MomofBoys838
by Bronze sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would have waited to get married...I was 18.  I would also have gotten my degree in Education instead of Business.  I would probably have been more choosy in my choice of a hubby.  I am conflicted in this, because I hear so many stories of abusive assholes.  My hubby is a good man, a good dad, and he's been supportive of me in everything...I'm just not sure that I would have chosen him if I had spent more time dating.  But then again, I wouldn't have my boys, either.

I think we all do the best we can with what's going on at each stage of our lives.

grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I agree that with the good comes the bad.   I've had both.  Although, there are so many times that I have said things or spoke my mind when it just didn't need to be done.  I'd like to go back to each of those times and tell that person that I'm truly sorry if I hurt them.

MUFFIN535
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I WOULD HAVE STAYED SINGLE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN