Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Not sure what to think....

Posted by   + Show Post

What have I gotten myself into? LOL I'm new to Cafemom. I joined the other day, but didn't really start browsing till last night and this morning.... and maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. A thread I read this morning was from a woman who made a bad judgement call and the comments following was like a lynch mob in the making, or a group of high school kids cornering the scared nerdy kid. There was name calling and verbal threats. What I really found interesting was the fact that a good deal of the attacks in comments were being made annonymously. I think if a person feels they're big and bad enough to attack, they need to do it without the mask of anonymity.

I don't mean to start here on a bad note. I'm just wondering, is it all like this? I'm 49. I'm too old to join in the drama. LOL I'd probably get my ass kicked and that can't possibly be to my benefit. LOL Am I just looking in the wrong categories?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

stick with the more specialized groups. I do like the hard of hearing group, speech disorders, asthma and things like that. then my cooking and sewing my dog group and such. your specialized groups don't get the drama and keep it out. but always remeber not everyone will agree with you but not everyone will get drama on you either.  I know when I post here there is always going to be one to disagree but that if fine that is part of learning. I need the objective opinions. but they don't dog you in the process either.

Quoting TexasAAngel:

Thanks. I'll look for it! =)

Quoting opinionatedmom:

go to country life moms group. I don't really ask advice in the 30ish I answer questions there. If I want real advice with real life experience I go to the older moms 40ish

Quoting TexasAAngel:

I'm way beyond 30 something. lol I will be 50 in November, so I'd be considered elderly by them. lol Country Mamas sounds good though. I am country through and through. I don't like city life!!

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting TexasAAngel:

Yay!! I finally figured out how to remove myself from the other groups I was on! This is the only group I'm going to stick with. 

Oh my word.... it sounds like I'm hiding in the bathroom at school to avoid the bullies. LOL  Okay Ladies, I'm off here for awhile. It's been so nice meeting everyone. Thank you for the welcomes and the encouraging words. I look forward to getting to know you all better. =)

30 something and mom advice is usually drama free. and I do specialized groups like cooking, gardening and sewing. and a country mamas group where we talk about what city folks don't get. one stop sign in the town and such or cows on the highway blocking traffic. etc

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

it depends on the level of maturity/ intelligence of the person you're chatting with, not the group that they are a member of...i think ALL groups have individulas that spout off every now and then...no group is exempt from it...just because they claim to be drama free, they cant control how some may feel...or what they'll say/ post

just be careful...ignore the ignorance

grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I just joined Cafemom a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to be open minded myself, and look @ a couple of other rooms.  Well, I must say I'm prejudice.  I prefer 40ish & beyond. =)  You Rock!

bhow
by Silver sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You are correct in your observation that some of these women are just mean.  You just have to keep out of the groups that do so much bashing.  I used to work in a factory with about 1300 women (25yrs. ago)...I used to walk out of there almost daily thinking I would rather work with 1000 men than 1000 women!!  They were so dang mean...everyday.  Did not miss that job and never could.

TexasAAngel
by Sister on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

My mom used to say she preferred friendships with men over women because women could be so catty and cruel. I think she was meeting people like who you worked with, and who are in some of these other groups. From what I've seen of this group, it's amazing! I'm staying. lol

Quoting bhow:

You are correct in your observation that some of these women are just mean.  You just have to keep out of the groups that do so much bashing.  I used to work in a factory with about 1300 women (25yrs. ago)...I used to walk out of there almost daily thinking I would rather work with 1000 men than 1000 women!!  They were so dang mean...everyday.  Did not miss that job and never could.

apple612
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I am also new to this group too .  I have not seen any problems here so far.  I do not like drama either!!

TexasAAngel
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM

From everything I've seen in this group, and browsing others, this is the best one! I love it. =)

Quoting apple612:

I am also new to this group too .  I have not seen any problems here so far.  I do not like drama either!!

href="http://daisypath.com/">
src="http://davf.daisypath.com/TikiPic.php/aifehiA.jpg" width="100"

height="80" border="0" alt="Daisypath - Personal picture" />
src="http://davf.daisypath.com/aifem5.png" width="400" height="80"

border="0" alt="Daisypath Anniversary tickers" />
cjcharlie1959
Autumn is here!! We are in for a rough winter
Yesterday at 9:36 AM
by Dungeon Queen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Most of us, like you don't like the drama of the younger groups because they don't have the life experiences we as mature woman do.  I'm over 50 and other than this group I only have 2 more I attend on a regular basis. 

lauriebash
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 49 as well. I HATE drama!!! Stay in this group and get rid of the ones that get nasty. You will never find more suppost and understanding anywhere more than you will right here. We have wonderful 'sisters'!

tklynch
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

You are so funny, no it is not always like this. I joined about 2 months ago , but have not been on much do to the move we just made and trying to get settled in . I am 46 and this kind of drama is to much for me to handle at this time. The ladies here are alot of fun and like to have questions answeard by other women that my be going through the same thing or just needing that shoulder to cry on. And to Laugh alot this is the way i am seeing it.  I hope I am not wrong. good luck to you see looking in to different groups. This is a great one and the park bench is a good one. let me know what you think. Have a great Day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)