Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Turing 40 and adding changes to life

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

I just turned 40 in December, and realized I didn't like how stagnant my life had become.  So, here I am, now taking college classes online, and trying to find out more about adopting a baby or two.  My children are all in their late teens except the youngest, so I will have time to give a new child some mama love. 

It's nice to meet you ladies (almost said guys, but...).

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VTHaven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Welcome! I am the adoptive mom to 4 children...so if you need some support/advice send me a PM! I have 7 children total. 3 biological sons who are grown and the 4 children we adopted. 3 of my children are special needs and were foster/adopt while the youngest came us as a special needs, but was later determined he was completely normal!

I love that you are taking some classes and beginning to reach out!

sharlarose
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I'm open to advice.  I do not know where to start.  I know my home has to be super cleaned and ready.  I am so excited to get started. My mom fostered, and friends of the family fostered and adopted too.

I am Oklahoma, where are you?  What step should I take first?  Go to my local DHS?

Thanks,

Sharla

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM

welcome to 40ish and beyond.  you'll fit right in here.  sounds like you are a busy woman.  I do hope you enjoy yourself here as much as the rest of us do, have fun!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Welcome to 40ish. This is a great place to exchange ideas and information with other ladies. Hope you like it here!

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:33 AM

yes I would start with dhs, it's probly the cheapest way to go as far as adoption goes.  we fostered and adopted all three girls we had.  but I like the older kids, I let all the baby people take the baby's and I take the "left overs"!

Quoting sharlarose:

I'm open to advice.  I do not know where to start.  I know my home has to be super cleaned and ready.  I am so excited to get started. My mom fostered, and friends of the family fostered and adopted too.

I am Oklahoma, where are you?  What step should I take first?  Go to my local DHS?

Thanks,

Sharla

sharlarose
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I am fine with foster to adopt.  I am hoping that I can do that here.  I dont have to have a baby to foster, but I would like to try. 

Are there any other places you guys recommend that would offer financial assitance to adopt? 

Thanks ahead of time.  I am so excited about just starting somewhere. 

Shar

sharlarose
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

How do I send personal messages to others?  just click on their signin names?

Shar

kokyuhomama
by Bronze sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  It's great that you have found yourself something that will challenge you.  I'm  42 and mother of two boys, ages 4 and 11, so I'm still in a mommy fog.  My goal, other than daily basics of being a mom, is to discover what I'd like to do with my life.  I'm simply stumped!  Online courses sound great!

sharlarose
by New sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Online courses have been great so far, but it just might be this college I am attending.  I am sure all of them are good.  I hope MY going will be an example for My kids.  I nag them to go. 

Shar

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)