Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What's cookin' good lookin'?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 332 Total Views

It's been really chilly here lately, so I have done the shepherd's pie, and the stew this week so far and pasta last weeek...so I cant do that one for a bit.....now what should I make?  Pork chops or chicken?  Sausages or what?  Baked potato?  or Curried rice?   Help!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Tacos here.  But you say you have sausages, on Saturday I had some Italian sausages that I wanted to use but we didn't have any buns.  I grilled them in foil and saved the grease (gross but yummy.)  I cut up the sausages when they were done and cooked them on the stove w/fresh tomatoes, the grease and a jar of Alfredo (sun dried tomato) sauce.  I didn't necessarily "fry" them because they were already cooked.  Just warmed them up.  You can use any pasta.  

flowrsgalore
by Silver sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Once I get away from this dang computer I'll get to work on dinner for hubs & dd.  They are getting pizza & Caesar salad.  Me I get to eat out tonight w/ garden friends.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I am making chicken and cajun sausage gumbo...warms the soul.

subiemama
by Bronze sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

How about stir fry?

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

hmmm I missed the time to get something in the crockpot and it's supposed to get nearly 90's here today so.....   I might just be sandwichs(sub style).  But, I really have to look as I need to go to the grocery store. 

Wanna trade temps??? lol  I rather be cold than hot...

grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Once I get away from this dang computer I'll get to work on dinner for hubs & dd.  They are getting pizza & Caesar salad.  Me I get to eat out tonight w/ garden friends.

I love those nights!!!  I have a "Mom's Night Out" that we started when out kids were less than 1 yr old @ a playgroup.  They're all in high school now.  It's the one night a month I look fwd to.  Out til 9:30 or 10:00, livin' on the edge :)

Have fun tonight!

bouncing

drinkingbarbecuing

grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I love my crockpot!

Quoting starlight1968:

hmmm I missed the time to get something in the crockpot and it's supposed to get nearly 90's here today so.....   I might just be sandwichs(sub style).  But, I really have to look as I need to go to the grocery store. 

Wanna trade temps??? lol  I rather be cold than hot...

drinkingbarbecuing

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I am making green chili stew, needed something really fast and easy today.  hhhmmm???? ...............well the chicken would go well with the curried rice, you should go with that, but of course baked pork chops and baked potatoes would go well as well.  or you can make jumbalya with the chicken and the sausage?

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Here ya go!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Curried rice, but only because i'm a BIG fan of CURRY ANYTHING.  *chuckle*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)