• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Absolutely horrified!! Read on Yahoo Shine

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

How could some one say those things to any child, much less a teacher to a child with a disability?

I hope it was OK to post this here as Akian's story had and still has uncontrollable tears going down my face and I wanted to help his father get as much support as possible.

http://www.change.org/petitions/to-the-new-jersey-legislature-and-congress-pass-legislation-so-that-teachers-who-bully-children-are-immediately-fired#

There is a video of Akian's father explaining what happened and what he did with parts of an audio recording of a day in Akian's classroom.

I don't know if the way he did it was technically legal but I hope he changes the world.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tricia2
by Tricia on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Omg 😡I watched it this morning...WTF ....I could not believe it.. I hope Akain is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BobbieB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM

What continues to tick me off is that this 'teacher' is still teaching!!! Are you kidding me?!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I thought the DISTRICT removed the teachers from teaching these children.

Guess either the district told the correspondent for the today show the wrong stuff or either I misinterpreted.

This is totally unacceptable in my book.

indianarose729
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM

My child went to this school two years ago. She was harrassed and bullied by the teachers and principal. It got so bad I ended up contacting the state super intendend and he recomended a home schooling program. Unfortunatly it was to late in the year to pull her out of that school because they had already decided to expel my child. Yes they harrassed and expelled a 1st grader because I was outraged that they weren't testing her proplerly for dissabilities (I found out they didn't even understand how to read a simple ADHD chart) and demanded they bring someone outside the school system in to test her. She is now home schooled and finally getting an education.

VTHaven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It said in the narratives in the video that only ONE teacher was fired and all the others were moved to other schools in the district.

Being the mom of 3 disabled children this makes me physically ill. It's the ONE thing I'm most fearful of because I KNOW my kids can push buttons but it's the job of the teachers to keep it together in a professional manner. The fact that they did this knowing the students couldn't communicate is NO excuse for this behavior.

I'm sick over this...and to simply redistribute the teachers so that they can "spread their love" to other places is appauling.

Quoting maryg38:

I thought the DISTRICT removed the teachers from teaching these children.

Guess either the district told the correspondent for the today show the wrong stuff or either I misinterpreted.

This is totally unacceptable in my book.

lupinelisa
by New sister on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I saw this on Yahoo the other day and immediately signed the petition, and posted the story on my Facebook friends with the title "All it takes for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. This is a good man. Help him out." Many of my friends have signed the petition since. If you can and do Facebook, make the power of social networking work for you. Post the story on your page and encourage your friends to sign the petition. The link is in the story. The story is shocking, the teachers are despicable, they should have their teaching certs revoked.

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

what amazes me is stuff like this happens all the time and nothing is ever really done about it.  there was a teacher here that got arrested for a DWI and then got to keep her teaching job because it was "after hours"  another one is a burlesque dancer, also a transgender, aside from the point, and a parent saw the dance one night and she ran tattling, this teacher lost her job, I don't see any difference here, it pissed me off actually.  they repremand the good ones and fire them, and shitty ones get a slap on the hand and just get moved around so the can continue to be shitty teachers!!  ok I'm done now, sorry!

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

These teachers/aides (and I use these terms loosely) disgust me! Everyone involved should be fired and never allowed to work with children again!!! Damn this pisses me off!

angry

missvickey
by Bronze sister on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I posted this the same day I saw it, on facebook as well. Its horrible that these "teachers" would even consider behaving in such a manner at all and the fact their class room is children who don't have the ability to tell their parents what's happening to them makes it so much worse. These kids are suffering from verbal and emotional abuse at the hands of their teachers and not only should they loose their teaching certs they should also have to serve some jail time. I fear for every child in that school district. It seems as though it doesn't matter to them what happens to the kids as long as they can keep it quiet. These women knew what they were doing was wrong or they wouldn't have tried to cover it up nor would they have been mad that Akian's father went on their field day with them and tried to exclude him from this years field day, and they wouldn't have lied in the e-mail to Akian's father about what was said in the classroom. Can you imagine (at any age) being told that you would not see your dad (or mom). Most kids would be horribly upset and would want to know if it was forever. Akian didn't have the ability to ask that and probably did think it was forever. No wonder he broke down. I would have too.

mommabelli
by Med Mom on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I saw this story yesterday on the today show. I cried when I heard that story. That poor baby, what he must of went through. Heartbreaking!!

graduateChristy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)