Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Something Positive

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

Although I love it when we post about our children, especially when its something positive, I have a different post in mind here. I would like to see a post something positive about someone in your life who makes a difference everyday. It could be a spouse, a friend, a mentor, or a family member. Who is in your life that keeps you believing in the greater good of people?

For me, its my fiancee Kevin. I can honestly say that I never imagined a man like him could exist in our modern world. He has a truly good heart and loves without expectation. He does things for me that no one else has ever done. For instance, several times throughout the day he will come and find me and simply ask, " Is there anything I can do to make your day easier today?" He asks me this at least 3 times everyday. Its not in a superficial or fake way either. He genuinely wants to make my day and my life more rewarding. I am used to being the one who takes care of everyone else. I havent had a lot of practice in being someone who gets taken care of. I came from a background where women served the needs of others. They didnt have needs to be served by others. It wasnt something I would have ever even thought to ask. 

Kevin shows his love everyday and in everyway. He isnt perfect but he is perfect for me and more than anything I could have ever hoped for muchless expected. Who does that for you?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MB13
by MB on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

You are so lucky to have found that special guy!  My DH is also wonderful my own mother refers to him as a Saint!  We have been married almost 27 years and I he takes such good care of me and the rest of the family!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say it is my Nana... she has always been my confidant.  Even when she lived far away I would write her growing up and tell her what was going on in my life, my problems and etc.  She would always know what to say or do to help me. 

She's now 94 and has alzheimer's but we still talk and she's still helpful and now I am doing it for her too!

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats awesome ladies. I love hearing about stories like these. It seems our world news is about tragedy. I like to hear that there is good going on in the world too. Thanks for sharing your stories. We dont always appreciate our blessings and people like these are truly our blessings!

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say my best friend, Sophia(ABACMom).She did something this week that I am not sure I could make myself do.She attended her kid's great grandmother's funeral even though the lady made it known that she hated her and wasnt welcome to her house.This is her ex's side of the family and he told a bunch of lies but in the end, that side of the family understands a little better and excepted her with open arms at the funeral.Her kids could not make it so she went to pay respects.Her oldest is in college with exams, her middle will be graduating next month and the youngest lives with her dad in Michigan.

I only got to meet the great grandmother just once or twice, she was very sweet to me even if I was Sophia's best friend.She was a rock to that family and I am not sure how they will get along without her.She opened her home to many of her children and thier grandchildren-I would say that Ms.Edna can rest in peace and finally have her reward for overdoing past her limit to help in any way-

That makes 2 positive people-sorry but I am so proud of my BFF

bhow
by Silver sister on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Our youngest daughter.  She is shopping with friends and just called me to find out what sz shirt her big sister wears.  Her big sister treats her like crap, I am forever taking her cell phone due to her mouth.  Our youngest never gives up on her big sister, or much else.  

cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

How lucky you are to have found a true man!

I would say my Aunt is one of the most important people to me. After my mom died, my Aunt kind of took me under her wing.....almost like having a second "mom". She has an important job as well working in our countys' welfare office. She sees all kinds of people in terrible situations but she gives them a smile and tells them it will get better along with everything she has to do that he job entails. she doesn't just treat them as one more person on welfare, she treats them as an important individual who just needs a little help at the time. She is very special to me and I love her very much.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Wonderful stories ladies. Keep em coming. The negative folks in the world shouldnt get all the attention. When we have wonderful people in this world they are the ongoing hope that good still lives on and always will. Sorry if I am a big softy sometimes but good should be celebrated if only in word. Thank You all for sharing and giving glory to those who deserve it. 

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When each one of my kids come by daily to see me and other family members...we never feel apart we're just a call away....Oldest son has it down to a safe 7 mins. lol Seems to raise the energy of the 'compound' lol....when young we nicknamed it  that lmaooo...I'm still here lol

GE1
by Bronze sister on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband helps me everyway he knows how and he is very loving towards our little guy as well. We are still newly weds married for 8 months but he is a good listener and is very understanding and he has helped me move on from the hurt and bitterness I went through from my first marriage. It is really a stressfree marriage as we share the same ideas most of the time

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM

That is awesome! Isnt it wonderful when you find out that there really are good men in the world and they are nothing like the selfishness of the men of your past? Its a feeling of freedom that cannot be explained. Im so happy for your. Its so wonderful to have a life partner that makes life not only better but satisfying?

Quoting GE1:

My husband helps me everyway he knows how and he is very loving towards our little guy as well. We are still newly weds married for 8 months but he is a good listener and is very understanding and he has helped me move on from the hurt and bitterness I went through from my first marriage. It is really a stressfree marriage as we share the same ideas most of the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)