Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

moms day ideas

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 261 Total Views
This may it will be 5 yrs since my mom died not one day goes by since that she isnt in my heart and aleays will be, but may is just a hard month to get through first its going to the stores and seeing the moms cards they stand out like a billboard to me, then there is my hub who still has both his parents( they still treat their 3 adult kids like babies, dad does their car repairs and home repairs etc) yes i am a little jealous, hub thinks he is doing great to get me a card ( like he does with his mom, who he takes the kids to see on moms day, i dont take our kids to see my dad on dads day ( i get his stuff in the mail so the kids and i can make it a good day for hub) i do love the homemade cards and things the kids make and i am not asking for jewlery or something grand, i d like a way to honor my mom and all she taught me ( i know i do that with my kids) but i just feel so alone that day, and my hub takes the kids to his moms ( she and i just dont makes i try to be nice to her) my hubs effort is to take me out on the friday before as he cant stand crowds with the kids and after too many yrs of eating leftovers i learned to pre plan a nice moms day dinner for me to cook on that day, my moms grave is 7 hours away so its not like i can place yellow roses on her grave and visit her, i do tell my kids about her and show pictures too, its just i am sad that day of moms day i am tired of just trying to get through the day, was just wondering if anyone else had some advice for me, i thank u and hugs, need to now get a tissue, thank u for listening
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I am sorry for your loss. May I suggest that you get some balloons and release them on Mothers day. I do this for my grandma and put a
Message on it and let it go. It makes me feel a bit better. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I am sorry for your loss. I'm not sure if it would help...but do something in honor of your mother on Mother's Day. It doesn't have to be at the grave sight...since your mother's spirit is everywhere. You could buy a rose bush (yellow if this was her favorite) and plant it in her memory so when you are sad...you can see it. Or you get a small tree and then as you get older...that same tree will shelter you from the heat of the sun...the wind...the rain....just as your mother did. I think seeing something grow in someone's honor is always heeling.

I have not had the relationship you've had with your mother. Although my mother is still alive..I've been dead to her for years so I may be misguiding you. I just know I've had people in my life whom I've loved and really cared about, and this is what I've done to help me feel more connected.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM

HUGS... I'm that way with my dad...miss him soooo much...

cjs702006
by Buddah on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with VTHaven......plant a rose bush with yellow roses to remember by. Every time you look at the roses you'd be reminded of your mom. That's what I did years ago when my mom passed, and she too liked yellow roses.

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM

the yellow rose bush sounds perfect, I've also lost my parents

Hugs Anne

ck1021
by Sister on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I lost my brother 3 years ago.  He loved putting bird seed outside on his deck to watch the birds.  He loved cardinals.  Each year on his birthday I put bird seed out and sit by the window and just watch...and wait, and I always see a cardinal!  I feel like its him saying, "hi"

Do something for yourself that day to just relax...while your husband is out with the kids go for a massage, or pedicure or something you feel is relaxing and just enjoy it.

dinc
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. I think planting something in her honor would be lovely especially if she had a favorite flower.  What about volunteering at a nursing home where there are a lot of moms by themselves for the day?  It's just a thought. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)