Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Introduction to new member

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My first venture into online sharing.  Am 60 and mom of rambunctious and way too into risk taking 13 year old.  We adopted late in life and sometimes feel out of step with others our age(my husband is 65. . .)  Anyway, its nice to know there are other women 40-ish with teens.   Life is more challenging since getting really sick with H1N1 in 2009.  Have to cope with walker, oxygen and other things that are a pain in the neck and other regions!  Looking forward to hearing from other moms and sharing the trials, tribulations and joys of parenthood, and the rest of life.  Thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firelites
by Anne on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group

zboys
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting.  My husband and I were going to adopt at one time, but it never worked out.  We are both approaching 50 in a couple years and are currently working on getting our three to and through college.  Just out of curiosity, at what age were you when you adopted your child?  I'm still interested in adopting, but honestly don't think the hubster would go for it at this point.

suzi960
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello and welcome to 40ish,nice to meet ya ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Welcome to the group. Actually there are quite a few moms on here with newborns or pregnant. So don't feel out of place with being an older parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paperorplastic
by Sister on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Welcome!  You are not alone!  I am 41 with an almost 15, 3, and 2 year old!  Boy talk about challenging!  My daughter will be a senior in High School when my son starts kindergarten!  The joys of a teenage daughter and all the girl/boy drama that goes along with it!  Thankfully, my oldest is and has always been in sports, and very level headed.  She was one of the only freshman girls to make varsity on the tennis team.  It really helps keep her focused on her grades, and busy with practice, games, and when she's not in school we have her in tennis camps, and Academy.  Sending her to Clemson for 2 weeks this summer for some serious tennis instruction.  We still deal with a lot of girl drama.  This one hates this one, and my daughter is friends with everyone, so it puts her in an awkward position.  I always tell her don't take sides just remain neutral!  As for my toddlers, they are 11 months apart, and such a joy.  A lot of work too!  My 2 year old has just discovered the temper tantrum, throwing herself on the floor and telling everyone NO syndrome!  My son is 3 and never went through any of that, he just asks me whats wrong with Ava lol!  He is Mr. Independent, and very smart.  Which is a challenge most days to keep him busy.  Thankfully, pre-school starts next year!  I retired from my corporate position after many long years when the little ones came along.  Such a totally different world staying at home and raising kids!  I always say it was easier to go to work!  I also help run my husbands business from home.  A lot on my plate.  Sorry to hear about the H1N1 effects that's horrible.  I got that when I was pregnant with my 3rd one, and my son also got it, he was only six months old.  By the grace of God, we were ok and did not have any long term effects.  It was an awful thing to go through.  Sorry to ramble, just had a little time on my hands and thought I would say hi.  Have a great night!

LFosterfarm
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM

welcome to our neck of the woods!  I was not real good at sharing at first but you'll get the hang of it, once you get comfortable.  and raising kids these days, as I"m sure you've figured out, is not the same as it used to be.  hang in there.  this is the perfect place to ask lots of questions, get good advice, vent, just talk, just about anything you can think of!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Welcome to the Sisterhood
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM

welcome

Tricia2
by Tricia on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Welcome🌺
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Welcome to 40ish and beyond. I think you'll find some really cool stuff here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)