Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

The Moment You Realize.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I am so very happy because my son is now engaged to a very wondeful young lady and I am very excited BUT.....

It kind of hits you afterwards that guess what your son is grown and actually starting a family of his own. Why is it so hard to think of them as adults? I still see that wonderful little boy that made me smile but you also realize just what a wondeful young man he really is. Wow time flies by too fast!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-15):
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM

And that is sooo sooo true.  I use to having all the "kids around me" some are ours and some are just coming around the family and before you blink your eyes the little kid who would spend a couple hrs after school with you is off with his g/f and they have a baby....Soon we will turn another page in our books our William (29) will be a daddy of a little boy in August!! Already he is still my lil boy but you have that special feeling in your gut they are grown and on their way to live life under their terms...Seems to make my terms a little easier! lol

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

time does go by too fast, best and happiness always to the new couplewedding

windsails
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

awww, that is so true and so sweet! you made me cry a little!

39holding519
by Bronze sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Awwww congrats! So weet to hear you speak highly of her too.  You will be a great Mother in law and will now have a "daughter" in your life. :)

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I swear, you blink your eyes and their grown! How does that happen? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)