Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Childhood....memories

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
  • 67 Replies
  • 891 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I was looking around another site today and saw a cookbook for kids that made me catch my breath.  I have lost this book myself over the years of moving and it was my FAVE... I mean I learned to cook from this book!

Pinned Image

Do you have a toy, book, person or place that gives you goosebumps from your childhood?

typing

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janomoma
by Menopause Queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:01 AM

those were the days.......muffin

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandma gave me this same book
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember that cook book too! I wasn't allowed to cook though.I don't think I cooked my first meal until I was out of the house and married. Silly I know....but it's true. It's no wonder I hate cooking...lol.

The only thing I can recall is an old boat clock that my parents had. I love that thing. It use to sit on our coffee table. Not too long ago I saw one on a lawn sale and it was THE exact boat. I knew from a chip it had in the wood base. I grabbed it up...but unfortunately I could never get the thing to work. I kept it a long time but last year I finally disgarded it. I guess memories are just that...meant to stay memories.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I am so sure I do, but can't for the life of me think of one. I'll get back to you on this!

NanaNeema
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I had that cookbook too!  The eggnog recipe was the one I used the most.  When one of my daughters became a mom for the first time I gave it to her.  I thought..easy quick recipes..something she could make that was fun.

A few days ago I was sent back to summer camp when I heard KC and The Sunshine Band's Shake Your Booty.  We would lie on our bunks and do "girl talk" and giggle while this music played in the background on our transistor radios.

sunset414
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

This book brings me back to a time in my life I will never forget. Was going through a box of books the other day and came across my copy. My dd had to snap me out of a daze :)

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I had that cookbook too! I loved it. I wonder what happened to it.

kokyuhomama
by Bronze sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I lived outside!  I rode my bike, walked with neighborhood friends through trails in the woods, and sledded down hills that were nearby our home.  Those memories, learning to play clarinet, in addition to some fun activities that we did with my mother, are my best memories from childhood.

grillmom
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I had a child's cookbook but I can't remember the name.  The first recipe that I ever made by myself was called "Cornchip Cassarole."  It was a chili w/fritos.  The book that I'll always remember was, "Are You There God?  It's Me, Margaret." by Judy Blume.

kryptomom
by Bronze sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM
3 moms liked this

We mostly played with Barbies.  One Christmas I got the Sunshine family.  It was probably the nicest gift my parents ever got me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)