Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I was looking around another site today and saw a cookbook for kids that made me catch my breath.  I have lost this book myself over the years of moving and it was my FAVE... I mean I learned to cook from this book!

Pinned Image

Do you have a toy, book, person or place that gives you goosebumps from your childhood?

typing

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow some of your stories reminded me of other memories!!

My bff next door had HBO when it first came out so we'd watch movies and bake cakes from her Oven..

Pinned Image

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

ooh I was obsessed with the movie!!  I had to see every movie all the "Greaser" guys were in...even did my 7th grade English Poetry book all on them LOL

Quoting sunset414:

This book brings me back to a time in my life I will never forget. Was going through a box of books the other day and came across my copy. My dd had to snap me out of a daze :)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVED paper dolls too! My Nana made me a box to put them in...I mix/matched lol   TY for reminding me!

Quoting michellina124:

My paper doll I LOVED. I had this for years and lost it.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quoting LadyLotus3:

I had a kids cookbook but it wasnt that one. But seeing yours brought back those memories of baking and such.

Anytime I see banana clips or etch a sketch or various games from back in the day when I was a kid I get that feeling(there was one my sis had that was putting shapes into the board before the timer went off otherwise they popped out but I dont recall the name of it).

was it this?

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

is this it?

Quoting sewalive:

I used to have a "toy" I believe it was called a Show and Tell...it had a place on the white top for a record, a slot next to the turntable for a short film, a book to follow along and it would show the film on the screen. The outside box was red. I loved it ! Like everything, my mom gave all of our toys to younger cousins to "clear" space for the 5 kids and our new stuff. About 8-9 years ago, I found one at a yard sale !!! What joy! The arm for the needle had a broken spring, but if you placed the needle on the record just right, it would still work! The owner had 3 book/record sets to go with the sale! I think that was one of my best finds at yard sale, just because of the sentimental feeling it gave me!  Thanks for bringing that back to me!

that is so neat!

LadyLotus3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

YUPPERS...thats the one!

Quoting starlight1968:

Quoting LadyLotus3:

I had a kids cookbook but it wasnt that one. But seeing yours brought back those memories of baking and such.

Anytime I see banana clips or etch a sketch or various games from back in the day when I was a kid I get that feeling(there was one my sis had that was putting shapes into the board before the timer went off otherwise they popped out but I dont recall the name of it).

was it this?

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

who had one of these?

The Big Wheel was the "IT" toy or this?  Pinned Image

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I reside on the property I was born and raise at and it have its special energies in each house and special places all over the yard...Now its occupied with grandchildren and their children it gives me chills to know that life goes on and in the same place.!

mik1of3
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Junior Girl Scout Handbook

My girl scout handbook, my bionic woman doll (the only Barbie I would play with--all the others I broke their legs and cut off their hair.) 

The Banasplits and my Mouse Trap game.  I swallowed the ball bearing to it--I liked the way it made my mouth feel cold so I always put it in my mouth....

Spirograph and Spin Art machines...and Colorforms!!!

And of course... THESE!!!!

mik1of3
by Sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

And besides books, this was, to me, the ULTIMATE present.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)