Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I was looking around another site today and saw a cookbook for kids that made me catch my breath.  I have lost this book myself over the years of moving and it was my FAVE... I mean I learned to cook from this book!

Pinned Image

Do you have a toy, book, person or place that gives you goosebumps from your childhood?

typing

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
Carleenca1
by New sister on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Betty Croker's Cooky Book - we used to spend hours looking at the beautiful photos - published in 1963. . .

michellina124
by momofsixbrats on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Fisher Price Movie Viewer toy

I also had this toy. We were a very poor family so this was one of my favorite toys and my boy cousins came over and broke it. I cried for a long time...they were very bad kids, still are, in and out of jail etc.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM

BUMP!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting LadyLotus3:

I had a kids cookbook but it wasnt that one. But seeing yours brought back those memories of baking and such.

Anytime I see banana clips or etch a sketch or various games from back in the day when I was a kid I get that feeling(there was one my sis had that was putting shapes into the board before the timer went off otherwise they popped out but I dont recall the name of it).

The game you are refering to I believe was....PERFECTION....that game made me jump

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My brother had the Big Wheel...I would be a snot and steal it from him....bwaahahahahahahah...i was so mean!

Quoting starlight1968:

who had one of these?

The Big Wheel was the  or this?  Pinned Image

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

my mom has this book!

Quoting Carleenca1:

Betty Croker's Cooky Book - we used to spend hours looking at the beautiful photos - published in 1963. . .

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I remember this now....i always wanted one of these only because my cousins had one, lol...

Quoting starlight1968:

is this it?

Quoting sewalive:

I used to have a "toy" I believe it was called a Show and Tell...it had a place on the white top for a record, a slot next to the turntable for a short film, a book to follow along and it would show the film on the screen. The outside box was red. I loved it ! Like everything, my mom gave all of our toys to younger cousins to "clear" space for the 5 kids and our new stuff. About 8-9 years ago, I found one at a yard sale !!! What joy! The arm for the needle had a broken spring, but if you placed the needle on the record just right, it would still work! The owner had 3 book/record sets to go with the sale! I think that was one of my best finds at yard sale, just because of the sentimental feeling it gave me!  Thanks for bringing that back to me!

that is so neat!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I had the Spirograph and Jamie Sommers aka The Bionic Woman

Quoting mik1of3:

Junior Girl Scout Handbook

My girl scout handbook, my bionic woman doll (the only Barbie I would play with--all the others I broke their legs and cut off their hair.) 

The Banasplits and my Mouse Trap game.  I swallowed the ball bearing to it--I liked the way it made my mouth feel cold so I always put it in my mouth....

Spirograph and Spin Art machines...and Colorforms!!!

And of course... THESE!!!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM
3 moms liked this

loved to read and still do.....

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

remember these....I was constantly loosing my key, LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)