Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Remembering Mom

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 129 Total Views

Most of us will have at least one special moment you have shared with your mother over the years. Can you tell us what moment stands out for you? Why was this moment so special?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have lots of them. But one was when my mom said she don't see me as an adult but as her little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM

this is a mixed emotion kinda thing for me, I didn't have a real relationship with my mom till the last 8 years of her life, I will think on this and get back to you!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on May. 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM

My mom wrote me a letter telling me how excited she was over the birth of my dd and how she wished she could be there. I was in Germany at the time. We came home six months later and she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away a year later. That letter means the world to me, as she didn't really get much time with my two oldest, and never got any with my youngest.

kryptomom
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

As a single mother, I needed someone to coach me through delivery.  Mom helped me through it.  She had given birth 6 times, but never really understood much about it.  My delivery went very rapidly and she made it to the hospital while I was pushing.  She held my hand and was very supportive.  Until, that is, the baby arrived.  Then she dropped my hand and gawked at and cooed to the new baby.  It was so funny.  She always loved the babies.

This is so special because my mom was the oldest of 9 raised in Communist Germany in the 1940's.  She learned never to show emotion and often mothered that way.   On this special day, though, she was just like any other mother/grandmother.

stuswf
by Gold sister on May. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM
When my mom was there with me for the birth of my 3rd child through natural child birth. Afterward she said, 'did you have all of them like that?, that's more than I could handle!'

I felt like she so respected me as an adult!

Plus, I was glad my mom was with me as I had wanted her through my other two births

(my mom had us c section when they just knocked you out)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 11 years old when I found out that my parents were separating. My sister told me in such a way that I started crying and my father confirmed it by saying "Your mother is running around with guys and I am not a mother so I will put you in an institution" (still haven't forgiven him 100% but I am in touch with him). I cried myself to sleep and my mother came into my room and she listened calmly and told me that she has been looking a long time for an apartment and finally found one and if she will need to sleep on the floor it will be right beside me! I hope to be even half of the mother she was for Little Gregory. She still has some lucid days

39holding519
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM

There were so many I couldn't ever choose 1!  We laughed so much together, my Mom, sister and I.  She is gone now 5 years from cancer and not a day goes by that I don't miss every little and every big moment, from a phone call, a special occassion whatever.  I guess most of all I can say that I told my Mom I loved her and she told me every single time we spoke up to her last breathe! :'(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)