Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

On a more recent note, there must be chaos in the air because when I was trying to pay for my 11 year old ds's haircut yesterday,  my four year old ds decided to grab a couple of bottles of shampoo and roll them up into the hair cutting area, where several people were receiving their haircuts.  When I saw him, the lady taking my payment said that my card didn't go through.  I was like "what?  I've got plenty of money in the bank."  She looked at me, not doing anything.  In the meantime, my 11 year old attempted to redirect my four year old by chasing him through the establishment. I threw my Discover card on the counter, leaving to go manage the situation.  By the time I got to them, limping along after them as quickly as i could because I'm recovering from a ruptured disc, my older son was holding my four year old upsidedown,  both laughing wildly, being completely disruptive, unbeknownst to themselves..  By the time I wrangled them back to the payment counter, the lady said that they didn't take Discover.  I was like "what?".   I asked her to try my bank card again.  It just wasn't going through.  Meanwhile, my four year old began rolling shampoo bottles up into the hair cutting area again.  Luckily I had cash in the car, so I gathered up the wolf pups and went to the car, sending my older son back in with a cash payment.  I'm gasping for air just writing this.  Please share your chaotic mommy and child moments here.  It's rainy up in Maine, and laughter is the best medicine.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (11-15):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Laughter is the only way to roll some days....Welcome aboard

MOMMYIM
by Sister on May. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

All of these posts make me laugh. :)

When my kids were little I took them to Fresh Choice, the all you can eat salad/pasta/bread place.  DD was still in a high chair and was covered completely in Jello within 30 seconds. She was reaching for more Jello on her brother's plate when her highchair started tipping over.  I jumped up to try & catch her, dumping over my plate in the process.  DS thinks this is so hilarious so he up & dumps his plate all over as well, proclaiming "All you can eat and Mr. Table is hungry" while laughing hysterically.

LFosterfarm
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 7 children!  I would say need I say more??? my oldest used to make bird signs and sounds behind my back as I was trying to speak, just picture me sounding like a pea cock while having a conversation!  when we were trying to sell our house, the oldest daugher wasn't getting the attention for a change her brother was, so she looked and the realtor and said, well look at my prett blond hair!  my youngest son, decided to ask for some "chococlate booby" in the middle of the orthodontist office while I was trying to discreatly breast feed the baby!!!  oh so many more but I'll save those for another day.

marisab
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM

ong that well be alotta moments lol

most of my moments happen when i have people coming over like yesterday i had a cps worker and  lady of birth to 3 coming over and johny came home with a bump on his head and my hous ewasnt its normal spotless the kids were whiny i had guests coming for dinner the meeting went longe rit wa slike 80 degress outseide and things just went from bad to worse in no time

windsails
by Sister on May. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my son was 4 years old and once while at the mall, he saw a cop there and pointed at him and loudly said "look mommy! bad boys, bad boys whatch gonna do!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)