Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

OMG!! My DD is a NIGHTMARE

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

If you read my post about my DD who dumped her bf for a 15 year old, then you will have an idea what this is about.

So you know I told my DD to leave our home because of her continued disrespect and constant stealing.  Well, I found out it was the 15 year old's parent who came to get her and she stay with them Sunday night.  Yesterday, when I tried to find out where she was and if she was at school, she texted me and told her to leave her alone.  I left her alone, thinking in a few days she will come home with a different attitude.

Well, lat night about 10pm, my DD comes walking in the house, walks right by me and heads upstairs, I stopped her and asked what she is doing.  She replied " Don't worry, I came in to get some things, I'm leaving".  After about 30 minutes, she didn't come down, so I go to see what is going on.  This is when she starts verbally attacking me.  She told me I ruined her chances of staying with two of her friends, that she wants nothing to do with me or the family, doesn't what us at her graduation and to leave her alone.  All this was said with a lot of you F!@#$ B!@#$ and rot in hell comments.  She even got so mad she kicked my computer screen and started slamming doors. 

I go downstairs and call my DH (he is out of town). I told him I have never felt so violated in my life.  He told me to leave her alone for the night.  Wake her up in the morning and take her to school.  This morning when I got her up, she threw another fit with me and told me someone else was coming for her (with more you B!@#$ comments).

During these two altercations, she told me her life was none of my business, I told her when she comes into my world then her life is my business.  I told as long as she is there she is to slap on a happy face and fake it. 

I don't understand why she is so volatile.  In all of this, she did thank me for everything I have done for her and she said she was being sincere.  She also said to me that I can't just throw her out without any place to stay (I wouldn't) when she finds a place she will leave.

God help me Please!!

Pawleesgoing crazy

by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

HUGS!!!!

looneymom424
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM

My 17 year old did the same thing both of them..girls they didnt live with me after 17.  It is like their brains get rewired around that age.  HUGS I have so been there

wallmom1
by Sister on May. 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

If she really wants to leave, let her.  I know that sounds hard, but I believe that once they find out that it is no fun out there they come back.  If the phone is in your name, shut it off. and don't let her leave with anything that is yours.  No I wouldn't let mine leave without anywhere to go, but if she is 18 and really wants to leave you can't stop her.  And without a phone, car and anything else you pay for, reality will set in.  If she is truly thankful for what you have done in the past, she will really be thankful for this.  Some times you have to let them go in order to keep them.  Good luck.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on May. 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

This exactly:

Quoting wallmom1:

If she really wants to leave, let her.  I know that sounds hard, but I believe that once they find out that it is no fun out there they come back.  If the phone is in your name, shut it off. and don't let her leave with anything that is yours.  No I wouldn't let mine leave without anywhere to go, but if she is 18 and really wants to leave you can't stop her.  And without a phone, car and anything else you pay for, reality will set in.  If she is truly thankful for what you have done in the past, she will really be thankful for this.  Some times you have to let them go in order to keep them.  Good luck.

epilepsymom
by Sister on May. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

wow.. HUGS to you momma.. I say let her go.. Let her get in to trouble, face life on her own for a while. She will come back to you.. She needs to get a big dose of reality first though!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

This is so hard but having had to evict my oldest years ago I can understand the pain. We have salvaged our relationship and she is learning to be more independent. I hope that you will be able to rebuild your relationship after she grows up a little and gets past these difficult times.

39holding519
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm sorry for you!  I wish I had advice... I have all boys and hope they never do this but I doubt it's exclusive behaviour for girls.  It would break my heart to be treated by my child like that.  I'm so sorry.  I agree with the other ladies that said you should let her go. (HUGS)

per437
by New sister on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

wat the bloody hell is DD ?distraught daughter. DH define please 

cullengrl
by Sister on May. 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM
DD- dear daughter
DH- dear husband

Quoting per437:

wat the bloody hell is DD ?distraught daughter. DH define please 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonnieMarie59
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I thought my middle daughter was bad but she has nothing on your daughter.  As far as going to graduation if it were me I would go anyways.  Just dont make a scene or let  her know you are there.  You guys deserve to see her graduate.  We invest alot into our childrens education.  My middle one dropped out in the middle of her Sr year.  Good luck to you.  I hope she gets her head out of her butt and realizes how much has hurt you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)