Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are you a grandma?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 52 Replies
  • 752 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I just found out I'm going to be a grandma. My DS is 19 and his gf is 16,, and although I did find groups for teen parents I didn't really find any for us grandma's, so I started a new one.

Please join us :) http://www.cafemom.com/group/117126/

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
39holding519
by Bronze sister on May. 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, good luck with being a Grandma, I'm sure these youngsters will need alot of your wisdom, love & support.  Best wishes!  I'm not a Grandma and hope not to be for some time but I think maybe all the Grandma's are sleeping (LOL) because no one responded so I thought I would :)

xMommaKayx
by New sister on May. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a grandma.  My so's oldest daughter is 22 and has a 2 year old. They don't live nearby, but I love that baby so much!  That's the two of us in my picture.

It is remarkabe to me that I don't have any bio kids but I do have my granddaughter.

MissTLC
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not a grandma.  I'm a great aunt. My neice (dn) and her fiance just moved back home with her being preggo and his newborn baby (8 days old today).  It's so hard to not give them advice and take over. there are plenty of grandmas here for ya!

luvsherboyz
by Silver sister on May. 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Well... you and they will need more than luck. Congrats non the less...

I've been there done that... My son got a girl pregnant. He was 15, she was 16. They married, had a baby girl who is now 7 and they have a son who is nearly 4 yo. It's been tough to say the least. But thank God my son finally stepped up to the plate, matured and has taken care of his family on his own for about 5 years now. I don't know how long this marriage will last. He had outgrown her several years ago. But he's very committed to his children and their welfare.

Being Grandma is great! They call me Ghee-ghee. What hurts the most is that this happen at such a young age and my son has sacrificed a lot to keep his small family in-tact. He is ready to move forward in his life and career, but is hampered by his wife.

I'm not sure where they are headed, but I give as much support as I can handle. I have an 11 yo son myself and am a single mom.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a grandma and had a child that was a teen mom and now I am adopting her oldest child. I since have 9 more grandchildren from my 4 children. It's the best feeling!
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themomof2girls
by Sister on May. 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 22 yr old and an 18 yr old daughters and 1 granddaughter who is almost 7 mos.her mom is the 18 yr old and a grandson on the way by my 22 yr old daughter and I cant wait until hes born.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on May. 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I love, love, love being a grandmother.  It is the best feeling in the world.  Congrats to you!  My son's daughter is now 16 months and they live about 150 miles from us so I make sure I see her every couple of weeks.  She is the best thing that has happened to my family I don't know of anybody that doesn't smile around a baby.

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM
No my oldest is 12 years old. Congrats on becoming a grandma!
NanaNeema
by Sister on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I'm Nana to 3 grandsons and 2 grand daughters..Neema to 3 grandsons...and Mom to a son and 2 daughters.  My daughters are the mommy's..my son (the oldeat and almost 40) is getting married in July..she has 1 son from her first marriage.  I have joint custody of my 10 year old grandson who I got when he was 3..poor little guy has ADHD...has a huge heart and endless energy!

mama2alex04
by Sister on May. 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Nope, my oldest ds is 7. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)