Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

LMAO

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

Okay I am sitting here watching HGTV............now i am moving back from Georgia to New York, in the process, I have not moved completely... kids are still in GA, They have to finish school before coming to NY... So as I am watching the show where they take people house shopping, they are in GA and I fall in LOVE LOVE WITH THOSE HOMES THERE, thats what brought me there in the first place... and as I sit here watching the couple go thru the house, I am shaking my head, like I want to move there... and then I think, ahhh, you were there... I'm just dingie..lol.. I had to laugh at myself.. I need a few life times to live everywhere I want to be.. maybe next life time I will do things differently and end up in a house as beautiful as those in GA..

I am going to miss the homes and the weather...shrugging

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I also moved from Ga to upstate NY back in 1987. I loved the houses as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I wanna move!!!!! I've lived in Vermont my entire life. Never lived anywhere else and I've lived in a 50 mile radius of any home I've ever been in since birth. Talk about BORING! We had our house on the market a few times in hopes of selling before my kids switched schools...but it didn't work out. I guess I'm stuck!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Quoting VTHaven:

I wanna move!!!!! I've lived in Vermont my entire life. Never lived anywhere else and I've lived in a 50 mile radius of any home I've ever been in since birth. Talk about BORING! We had our house on the market a few times in hopes of selling before my kids switched schools...but it didn't work out. I guess I'm stuck!

My SIL lives in Vermont... Dont know where as I have never been to her house... LOL..Come on down to TX we will let you!!

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

VTHaven
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM

We've honestly looked at Texas as an option Dana...along with AZ and Georgia. I would just love to be someplace that has more than 2 months of summer.

flika
by Bronze sister on May. 2, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quoting VTHaven:

We've honestly looked at Texas as an option Dana...along with AZ and Georgia. I would just love to be someplace that has more than 2 months of summer.

Have you tried putting your house for rent?

I would move to California. Excellent.weather, nice people! I moved to California for a few months. We all miss it. Then we moved to Seattle. Even though its colder and rains, far from the ocean, it was the nicest place to.live or for a family. Schools and the people more than excellent.
Az is too hot! Ga is also very nice people but to cold for me.
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

oh dear lord TX pratically LIVES in the summer weather....I'd rather be up in Vermont LOL...  My dad was a wanderer lol so we've moved around a lot from PA, NJ, TX and I would love to be able to be stable and in one area forever...sigh...

Quoting VTHaven:

MamaBearGrr
by Bronze sister on May. 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Why are you moving? 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on May. 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Then you definitely don't want to be in western Oregon or Washington.

Quoting VTHaven:

momandher8
by Bronze sister on May. 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Quoting MamaBearGrr:

Why are you moving? 

The job market isn't so great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN