Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I need a good laugh...I'll start then you give me one back!

typing

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (41-43):
my1love
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

i so no how you feel, i been very depressed lately which isnt me and i dont like it. its great you have him there to keep you going. i do a lot of reading or playing the ps3 or coming on here. i use to write poems but now i have no motivation. they donno if they can fix me or not, the epidural i had in delivery was messed up the lady " went to far" 4 times so i had 4 wholes in my spinal sac and had a huge epi head ache for 6 weeks after, now when i move or walk i have pain shooting from the mid spine up into my brain and down my left leg which i can barely feel it anymore, and i still get epi headaches. and when my back goes out im pretty much paralyzed i cant move i cant even turn on the bed. im just keeping my hope up they can so i can be a mom and my mom can be a grandma. right now shes not allowed to live with me and i cant be alone with her cuz of my back, im on strict bed rest and have a lot of restrictions on me, course i dont always follow them but shes my baby i cant just lay with her in a bed ot look at her play just not right and thats  what makes me depressed. i have a wonderfully beautiful 15 month old daughter i can just look at..... not cool. how old is your grandson? i remember pretty much living at my grams as a kid me and my grams has a unbreakable bond and im a huge grandmas girl. but shes not doing so good lately either. 

Quoting NanaNeema:

It is hard to keep smiling when your body makes life tough..I became disabled in 2007.  There are days I just want to toss the blanket over my head and ignore the world..to hide in dreams.....but I have custody of my grandson who has ADHD and sleeping all day is not an option...........he keeps me moving even when I want to cry because of the pain...he won't let me give up.  Good to hear that with doctors help you can fix your situation..that gives you a goal.......for me there is no cure...surgery can't fix my problems....so I push myself to enjoy life.  Look for fun in normal things, laugh at silly faces...blow bubbles...use crayons to draw my dream home....then at bedtime I can say "it was a good day"..and give my grandson the biggest messiest smooch.  Our last words for the night are "goodnight sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite"....and I get a "love you Nana"....it makes it all worthwhile.

Quoting my1love:

thanks that made me feel better id love to be crazy i cant im pretty disabled till a doc gets off their booty and fixes me.

Quoting NanaNeema:

Honey when I was 40 I acted like I was 24!  I would work at 12+ hour shift waitressing then go out dancing and have a few drinks after work with the other girls..they got tired before I did and they were in their 20's!!  It's all about what your mind tells you....think young and you'll feel young.  Don't think old....shake it off...dance in a wild and crazy way...sing loud and make noise..be a kid again........you won't regret it...aches and pains of "old age" sneak up on you before you know it..enjoy being young.  That said..if you want to post here I'm not going to chase you away...you'll get insight into how "the older girls" think!

The real Me........

Quoting my1love:

the group says 40ish and beyond and im only 24 so im a few years off even though i feel waaaaay older then 40 lol

Quoting suzi960:

why is that momma????

Quoting my1love:

sorry i didnt relize the group was not for me lol

NanaNeema
by Sister on May. 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My grandson is 10..I got him when he was 3.  There are days when I ask myself if I was crazy taking on raising a special needs child when I was getting closer to "me" time.  The kids (I had 2 daughters and 1 son) were all adults and we finally had a tiny bit of "play" money...but then he gives me huge hugs and tells me "love you" forever and ever..well it makes it all worthwhile.  It was very hard to deal with him when I became disabled...not by an accident or screw up in medical care..mine is thanks to Mother Nature.  I have degenerative disk disease and my spine is twisting and compressing plus to make things fun I also have fibromyalgia....constant pain..trouble walking/sitting/standing/climbing stairs..and forget trying to lift things I learned over the last 5+ years.

Start your poetry again....you will be able to remain in bed and do as they tell you..but then you'll also be able to escape into a special world where you are the one in control not your body.

Listen to what the doctors tell you..I know from experience that some are "whack jobs" but most aren't and do know what you need to do to get control of your life again.  You can still enjoy your baby..just use common sense and don't push things too far and chance missing out more time you'll have later to be able to have fun together.  She's still young enough and will be getting more active..get healed so she can enjoy you too!

Quoting my1love:

i so no how you feel, i been very depressed lately which isnt me and i dont like it. its great you have him there to keep you going. i do a lot of reading or playing the ps3 or coming on here. i use to write poems but now i have no motivation. they donno if they can fix me or not, the epidural i had in delivery was messed up the lady " went to far" 4 times so i had 4 wholes in my spinal sac and had a huge epi head ache for 6 weeks after, now when i move or walk i have pain shooting from the mid spine up into my brain and down my left leg which i can barely feel it anymore, and i still get epi headaches. and when my back goes out im pretty much paralyzed i cant move i cant even turn on the bed. im just keeping my hope up they can so i can be a mom and my mom can be a grandma. right now shes not allowed to live with me and i cant be alone with her cuz of my back, im on strict bed rest and have a lot of restrictions on me, course i dont always follow them but shes my baby i cant just lay with her in a bed ot look at her play just not right and thats  what makes me depressed. i have a wonderfully beautiful 15 month old daughter i can just look at..... not cool. how old is your grandson? i remember pretty much living at my grams as a kid me and my grams has a unbreakable bond and im a huge grandmas girl. but shes not doing so good lately either. 

Quoting NanaNeema:

It is hard to keep smiling when your body makes life tough..I became disabled in 2007.  There are days I just want to toss the blanket over my head and ignore the world..to hide in dreams.....but I have custody of my grandson who has ADHD and sleeping all day is not an option...........he keeps me moving even when I want to cry because of the pain...he won't let me give up.  Good to hear that with doctors help you can fix your situation..that gives you a goal.......for me there is no cure...surgery can't fix my problems....so I push myself to enjoy life.  Look for fun in normal things, laugh at silly faces...blow bubbles...use crayons to draw my dream home....then at bedtime I can say "it was a good day"..and give my grandson the biggest messiest smooch.  Our last words for the night are "goodnight sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite"....and I get a "love you Nana"....it makes it all worthwhile.

Quoting my1love:

thanks that made me feel better id love to be crazy i cant im pretty disabled till a doc gets off their booty and fixes me.

Quoting NanaNeema:

Honey when I was 40 I acted like I was 24!  I would work at 12+ hour shift waitressing then go out dancing and have a few drinks after work with the other girls..they got tired before I did and they were in their 20's!!  It's all about what your mind tells you....think young and you'll feel young.  Don't think old....shake it off...dance in a wild and crazy way...sing loud and make noise..be a kid again........you won't regret it...aches and pains of "old age" sneak up on you before you know it..enjoy being young.  That said..if you want to post here I'm not going to chase you away...you'll get insight into how "the older girls" think!

The real Me........

Quoting my1love:

the group says 40ish and beyond and im only 24 so im a few years off even though i feel waaaaay older then 40 lol

Quoting suzi960:

why is that momma????

Quoting my1love:

sorry i didnt relize the group was not for me lol

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the crazy dog lady   : p

Quoting cjs702006:

I'm only a few cats shy of this!

Quoting starlight1968:

Pinned Image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)